Monday, July 30, 2012

Dusty Reads: Bruiser by Neal Shusterman

Dusty Reads is a weekly post featuring a book that has been sitting unread on my home shelf for some time.

Title: Bruiser
Author: Neal Shusterman
Pages: 328
Publication: October 1, 2011 
Publisher: Harperteen
Summary taken from goodreads:
"There’s a reason why Brewster can’t have friends – why he can’t care about too many people. Because when he cares about you, things start to happen. Impossible things that can’t be explained. I know, because they're happening to me." 
When Brontë starts dating Brewster “Bruiser” Rawlins – the guy voted “Most Likely to Get the Death Penalty” her twin brother, Tennyson, isn’t surprised. But then strange things begin to occur. Tennyson and Brontë’s scrapes heal unnaturally fast, and cuts disappear before their eyes. What at first seems like their good fortune turns out to be more than they bargained for…much more.
I really liked Unwind by Neal Shusterman, so I when I found another book by him on sale--and one with an awesome summary, I didn't hesitate to buy it. However, like with most of my books, Bruiser has been buried underneath other unread books for so long that I keep on forgetting to read it. And with Unwind's sequel coming out next month, I want to reread that book, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment