Thursday, July 7, 2011

Movie News & A Little Update

I know that I've been out of the loop for a while, so I'm pretty sure that I'm the only one who hasn't heard about this already. But really, four movies? Is this becoming a new trend for popular book series that are being made into movies by splitting the last book into two parts? I mean, first Harry Potter [totally not complaining, tho XD], then Twilight... now the Hunger Games?

Deadline.com reported that Lionsgate "has been carefully observing predecessors who squeezed an extra film out of a book franchise," and even though the notion "isn't set in stone" yet, the film company seems to be planning to make four movies from Suzanne Collins' The Hunger Games trilogy.  
Mockingjay, the last novel in the series, would be split in half because it is "logistically ambitious and can be scaled up comfortably to cover two films. I believe that Gary Ross and Collins have done rewrites and already figured out how to create a satisfying ending to the third film," Deadline.com wrote.

This isn't a real movie poster, but I really like it. :L

Anyway, Krista and Jeffy came over yesterday. I gave them the souvenirs that I got them in Vietnam, Krista three hats and a little painting, and Jeffy a rice paddy hat. Originally, we had planned on going for a walk, but it was raining on and off all day, so we had a nerf war at my house since Krista had brought her nerf gun over. Since neither Jeffy or I had nerf guns [we're both planning on buying some eventually :P] we used Brian's guns. 

After that, Krista and I decided to karaoke even though the batteries in the mikes were dead. We played all of the cheesey songs that we knew from the late 90's and sang along to them along with the other random songs that we recognized in the songbook. 

Then, today, I learned how to play music videos and movies from my hard drive onto the Xbox 360, so Krista and I watched last year's Star Dance Battle on the tv instead of watching it on my laptop like how we usually had to. Also, we watched music videos and made idiots of ourselves trying to copy the song's choreography. I forgot just how fast and intricate Super Junior's dances were. XP We didn't get to dance for long, though, since Krista's dad came by to take us to the movies.

We watched Priest at the dollar movie theaters, waiting for a bit afterwords for her dad to pick us up and take me back home. The movie was actually pretty good. Maybe because I couldn't find any immediate plot holes and since there wasn't any cheesy romance scenes, lol. Either way, I enjoyed it. 


Now, I'm going to go... do something. :P

Peace! ^^V


pointy.star

No comments:

Post a Comment