Saturday, July 23, 2011

busy busy busy reading reading reading

I know that I've been absent for the last week, but it's because I've been really busy. Busy practicing driving, hanging out with friends, and reading reading reading. Reading my AP books, library books, my books, fanfiction, blogs. Lots of reading. And sporadically cleaning my room since my cousins from Virginia are coming Monday afternoon and are staying until Friday.

Since I've been procrastinating and haven't been feeling like reading until recently, I hadn't bothered to read any of my required readings for AP Lit, which is why I'm forced to spend my mornings and afternoons reading and taking notes on the books. I've finished reading two of the three books, but I still have to do a lot of paperwork for the one that I just finished reading today, and I really don't have much time to work on it since people are coming over soon. 

Plus, school starts on August 1st, so I've really got to get my act together and finish reading all of the books by then. Hopefully, I'll also be able to read some of the Brit Lit stuff I was also supposed to read over the summer since I didn't take the class last year.

Completely off topic, some of my cousins are staying in my room while they're staying over here. I have NO IDEA what to do with my piles of books. Really, there's no where to put them. Certainly not in my closet (there's enough books in there as it is!) and definitely not under my bed (there's not enough room since there's so much junk under there, and half of it isn't even mine! Really, Shelle needs to stop giving me her crap that we "share"). 

Everyone's right; I really do have a mini library in my room. -__-"

Anyway, I just wanted to say that the next few weeks will probably be pretty hectic, although Mommy said that the family and cousins were going to the beach in Florida, and I asked her if I could stay home to do my AP homework, and she said yes, which means that I could have a few days to myself... which would be awesome. Must ask the dad first to see if he will agree to let me fend for myself for a few days. :P

I'm quite tired of the beach. Went to the beach plenty of times in Vietnam. I've had my fill of it for the summer. 

Now, I'm going to continue reading Beauty Queens by Libba Bray, because it is amusing while at the same time terribly tragic that some girls really are that empty-headed and shallow. And I'm only on page 13. :c


Ta~


pointy.star

No comments:

Post a Comment