Saturday, April 9, 2011

So. Yeah. :L

So. Guess what. :P

I finished taking my ACTs just two hours ago. It wasn't as excruciating as the SATs was. I prolly feel this way because I had already took my SATs first and already knew that it was going to be a very long test. I think I did pretty decent. Unlike the SATs, I didn't really study for the ACTs, so I'm not really expecting a high score, although that would be really awesome if I did. :D


Emily came and picked me up early so we could eat breakfast at McDonald's before the testing so I was a happy camper since I got to eat a McGriddle for the first time in ages. :D And at our testing center at Rumble Academy, I got to meet one of Emily's best friends from her old school. She was really funny. 


After the tests, Emily and I went out to eat lunch since it was already past one. We went to Pizza Hut where I stuffed myself full of chicken alfredo. Now I am extremely full and satiated. :L

Anyway, the main reason why I didn't study for the ACTs this week -- other than the fact that I didn't have a book and didn't want to do practice questions online since my eyes started to hurt after staring at the screen after a few minutes -- was because I was reading some amazing books this week. That and because I had to study for all of my other tests first since the grade cut-off for progress reports was yesterday.

I finished reading Ballads of Suburbia by Stephanie Kuehnert earlier this week, which was really good. I tried to write a review for it, but I just couldn't put everything that I wanted to say into words [this happens a lot, lol]. Everyone should read this book; it doesn't matter if you don't know rock music or like contemporary, the writing style and characters alone makes this book shine.


Then, I re-read If I Stay by Gayle Forman after that since I had pre-ordered Where She Went a day before it's release, so Amazon sent my package within a few days and said to expect it delivered by Saturday. Needless to say, I was counting down for the weekend. :D

Then, on Friday morning, instead of eating breakfast, I finished reading If I Stay before going to school. When I came home, a box from Amazon was on the front porch, and I was all excited since I knew what was inside. So I spent the whole night goofing off and reading Where She Went instead of studying. It was worth it. So worth it.

Where She Went was just as amazing as If I Stay, especially in the second half. I was on the edge of my seat, full of emotions and anticipation, and oh my god, by the time I finished it, I couldn't believe everything that had happened. Hopefully, I'll be able to review this book. If not to gush about its awesomeness, then to put a whole bunch of quotes from the book that were full of win. :D

Plus, it has such a pretty cover!


Oh wow, I didn't even realize that I've been on a little contemporary spree for a bit. The last few books I've read where all contemporary, and they were all really good! I've read Going Bovine, Ballads of Suburbia, If I Stay, and Where She Went, and I'm currently reading Big Fat Manifesto and A Blue So Dark. Also, I've got a couple of books lined up to read next that are contemporary and a historic one. Looks like I won't get any fantasy/dystopian books read for a while. :\ Not like it really matters, I'll read whatever book there is so long as it's interesting enough to hold my interest.

Lol, my Goodreads challenge widget tells me that I'm doing great work on my challenge and that I'm five books ahead of schedule. Woot! XD

After having my brain scrambled from the ACTs, you'd think you'd just spend the rest of your weekend recuperating by being lazy and not thinking too hard, right? I wish I could do that. I've got to study and Emily and Jeffy are coming over tomorrow to work on our Latin project that we've been too busy to do.

I can't wait for this school year to end. There's so much stuff going on these next few weeks. I've got AP Bio tests every week until our EOCTs which I have to take for that class, too. Not to mention, I've got tests in all of my other classes to worry about and my US History EOCT, too [I'm so glad those two are the only ones I have to take]. Then, the two weeks after the EOCTs is AP exams, so I have worry about those and also work on set construction for the school play throughout all these weeks after school. But, after the AP exams are over, the next few weeks of school are going to be so much easier. I can't wait.

Oh yeah,  I got to sign up for my classes next year, and since I'm a senior, I get first pick, so I'll hopefully have all the classes that I chose.

Have you noticed that I posted almost every day this week? Insane, right?! I usually have 2-3 posts up a week at the most. Craziness. I can't believe I had so much stuff to post about lately. Hopefully, I'll keep this up. It's quite fun. :)

Anyway, that's all for now folks!


pointy.star

No comments:

Post a Comment