Friday, April 29, 2011

Book Review: I'll Be There by Holly Goldberg Sloan

Title: I'll Be There
Author: Holly Goldberg Sloan
Pages: 400
Expected Publication: May 3, 2011
Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Summary taken from goodreads:
Raised by an unstable father who keeps the family constantly on the move, Sam Border hasn't been in a classroom since the second grade. He's always been the rock for his younger brother Riddle, who stopped speaking long ago and instead makes sense of the world through his strange and intricate drawings. It's said that the two boys speak with one voice--and that voice is Sam's.

Then, Sam meets Emily Bell, and everything changes. The two share an immediate and intense attraction, and soon Sam and Riddle find themselves welcomed into the Bell's home. Faced with normalcy for the first time, they know it's too good to last.

Told from multiple perspectives, Holly Goldberg Sloan's debut novel offers readers fresh voices and a gripping story, with vivid glimpses into the lives of many unique characters. Beautifully written and emotionally profound, I'll Be There is a story about connections both big and small, and deftly explores the many ways that our lives are woven together.
5 STARS - IT WAS AMAZING!

My Review:

Please excuse my incoherency since I stayed up late finishing this amazingly wonderful book!

The story is so compelling and the characters so real that you'll start to forget that it's just a book and that Sam, Emily, and Riddle are only characters. Nevertheless, my heart still broke for Emily and I was cheering Sam and Riddle on throughout the course of the book.

I don't want to give too much away about the story, but it's a definite must read!

With an enthralling story, genuine characters, and absorbing plot, I'll Be There is everything that you could ask for, easily making it one of my all-time favorite reads.

Also, this is Kare from Epic Book Nerd's review of I'll Be There. It basically sums up everything that I loved about the book, but it kind of spoils the plot a little. Well, it mainly tells you why the characters are so amazing, which I didn't do that in my review cuz I want you to read the book and see their awesomeness firsthand. :P

2 comments:

  1. I'm in the middle of this book and I just glanced briefly at your review but I agree-the characters are so real.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this book! Its so romantic! btw i'm a kpop addict too

    ReplyDelete