Sunday, January 30, 2011

In My Mailbox (16)

 In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren.


All the King's Men by Robert Penn Warren
Epic by Conner Kostick [already read it last summer and loved it!]
My Most Excellent Year by Steve Kluger [also read last summer and loved!]
Paper Towns by John Green 

There's a reason why I have two different copies of All the King's Men. As I said in one of my earlier posts, I had to get a copy of the book for AP Lang by Thursday. Well, last Sunday, I had ordered a copy online, but I didn't know when it would arrive since the site (Bargain Book Shop) didn't send emails saying when the packages shipped and basically gave no information on orders besides giving you a receipt.

So, when my friend Emily went to this used bookstore in town to see if they had copies of the book left,  they only had one so she ordered a copy for me there since they said that it only takes two days for them to come in, and we were on a deadline. Plus, I figured that I could just cancel my order online, only I later found out that  couldn't cancel it, so I got a used copy from the bookstore on Thursday morning since Emily went to pick it up for me since I had to babysit, and then, yesterday, I got the package of books that I ordered online.

And that is how I acquired two copies of All the King's Men, lol. I'm still not sure what to do with the extra copy, but I figured that I'll just eventually sell it back to the used bookstore. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment