Monday, April 17, 2023

Mini Reviews: Otherworldly Lord, I Love Farming, Hatsukoi Maze vol. 1

Title: Otherworldly Lord
Author: 来自远方
Chapters: 161 chapters + 3 extras
Publication: 2012
Summary from Novel Updates:

Looking at Archbishop Guangming holding up the scepter and yelling at him: "I want to destroy you on behalf of the sun", Song Mo picked up the bazooka...

Phew-bang!

The world is quiet.

Song Mo firmly believes that "in front of the cannon, all evil forces are paper tigers!" 

The butler wiped his sweat with a handkerchief, and Lord, it seems that we are the evil forces recognized by the entire continent ... 

4.5 STARS - I REALLY LIKED IT

MY REVIEW: 

This was HILARIOUS. Song Mo's shamelessness and ability to fool people made each chapter funnier than the next, especially when all of his subjects started becoming influenced by his shamelessness as well. 

The romance was also pretty funny because of their dynamics. I wasn't expecting to read any spicy scenes, but it turns out this was published over a decade ago, way before the great censorship lol.


Title: I Love Farming
Author: 拉棉花糖的兔子
Chapters: 109 chapters
Publication: 2018
Summary from Novel Updates:

When Cui Qichao’s ancient emperor blood awakened, he began to suppress the emperor’s instincts in various worlds…by crazily farming.

Yandi Shennong’s blood, quality farming guaranteed.

Cui Qichao: I love farming, farming makes me happy!

3 STARS - I LIKED IT

MY REVIEW: 

Going into this novel, I didn't know that it would be a slice of life genre, so it was a bit slow for me. However, Cui QiChao's interactions with his cat and his subjects kept me entertained enough to continue reading through the first arc. 

And I'm glad I did! There's humor, some action, and a really slow burn romance that really kept me interested, especially in the end! Not gonna lie, the ABO arc was my favorite because it was the funniest and best face slapping arc. Also, like most of QiChao's fans watching his livestream, I was always having the munchies reading this novel lol.


Title: Hatsukoi Maze vol. 1
Author: Yuzuki Komugi
Chapters: 8 chapters
Publication: 2020
Summary from Baka-Updates:

A stranger suddenly confesses to Kokoro in public, and having no experience in love, she ends up accepting. But who is this guy? Someone serious about sports couldn't be someone strange, right? A love at first sight relationship is about to begin!

3.5 STARS - I LIKED IT

MY REVIEW: 

They're so cute and fluffy that my gremlin heart can't handle it!

No comments:

Post a Comment