Wednesday, April 26, 2023

MAR: Cooking, Asheville Trip, Sick (Again), Babysitting, Parents Visit

March was a pretty chill month. The whole household mostly recovered from all of our illnesses from last month and were able to spend most of the month in good condition. Just not me lol. I’ll get into that later.

The first weekend of the month, I went over to Alec’s house so that he could service my car. Even before I had that car incident in Feb, he had already agreed to change my brake pads. However, when my car was being serviced, they checked the whole car over and came back with a lot of updates needed such as replacing the drive belt, brake flush, and cabin air filter. Alec said that he could do all of those things, so we ordered the parts, and he spent a whole Saturday servicing my car.

To thank him for all of his hard work, I made him a meal, since he mentioned that it would be nice if I cooked for him every once in a while. I made a whole meal of recipes I found on Instagram lol.

I made Korean marinated eggs, Korean braised potatoes, and Asian cucumber salad. I made a bunch of side dishes lol.

Everything was pretty tasty! The Korean braised potatoes were too salty because even though I used less regular soy sauce than recommended instead of light soy sauce, so Alec rinsed the potatoes and cooked them again with the rest of the seasoning. It turned out a lot less salty!


The next Friday, Alec and I headed out to Asheville for the weekend. You can read about our trip here

When we came back home, Shelle had just left for her work trip in New York earlier that morning. It was just Kyle and I holding down the fort (aka Luna lol) for a day, since Shelle was coming back the next night.

I also became sick… again. I don’t know if it was because of the constantly changing weather during our Asheville trip or if I caught something from Luna from daycare, but I ended up with an upper respiratory virus. I woke up that Friday morning with a fever and had to take Dayquil to feel even remotely human. I had to go to urgent care to get prescribed antibiotics after a few days because it wasn’t getting any better.

That Saturday, Shelle and Kyle went out to dinner with some friends, so I babysat the moon for a few hours. We had a grand ol’ time watching Kpop music videos while I was doped up on Nyquil lol.

Earlier in the day, we had a mini photoshoot with all of her squishmallows. Brian stopped by the other day and dropped off his giant Pikachu squishmallow for Luna to play with, so I felt that it was important to document just how tiny she is with all of her squishmallows lol.

The parents and Brian came over the next weekend to hangout. Mom and dad had been out touring with their friends in Vietnam, Thailand, and Singapore the previous month and hadn’t seen the moon for almost two months. This was torture for them lol. Luckily, Luna had become more accustomed to seeing strangers now that she was in daycare, so she no longer cried when she saw dad lol.

March went by pretty fast considering how much went down lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment