Monday, July 13, 2020

MAY: Fourth Roommate, Mother's Day, Hangout, Visit the Parents, Surprise Visits, Hospital Drive, Dentist Appt

May was pretty eventful. 

It started off when got a fourth roommate for a week. Archana has been living in her apartment alone for the past couple months because of quarantine. Then, she was outside on her balcony and heard gunshots and found out that there was a drive-by shooting near her apartment's parking lot, which is directly below her balcony. Needless to say, we all thought she needed a change of pace and kidnapped her to spend some time at our house. 

She was a very nice roommate lol. She made masala chai for us every morning, helped food prep, cooked us dinner, and provided great company. She also forced me to go outside more, which I needed lol. 


That weekend, we went to the Asian grocery store to pick up some food for our parents, dropped Archana off at home, and drove down to visit the parents for Mother's Day. Mom wanted to eat clams, so Shelle bought a bag of 100 clams since they were so cheap. That weekend, we ate so much it was insane. 

The next Wednesday, we spontaneously made plans to hangout at Erin's place and see her apartment and new kitten since we missed seeing everyone. The ironic part is that Erin's a huge introvert, and we usually have to drag her kicking and screaming to hangout with us outside of work. Now that we're 4+ months into quarantine, she's the one who keeps telling us that she misses us and wants to hangout in the group chat lol.

We went over, played with her kitten (super cute!), checked out the new place, and ate way too much food. We also got heated playing Overcooked lmao. Overall, a great night, especially since Archana made masala chai for us near the end! Lol she was so funny. She wore a fancy dress because she said her pants were too tight for her now lmaoo.

The next day, we went down to visit the parents again. Shelle and I had a couple of things to give to Meethu and Jackie, so we did a surprise visit that Saturday and hungout with them for a bit. It was nice chatting with them even though we stayed in the heat outside and six feet away because Meethu's pregnant lol.

I drove down separately because I planned on staying until Wednesday since I needed to drive mom to the hospital for a routine checkup far away. Her appointment was at 9am, but she needed to check-in 30 minutes early. However, because the hospital was two hours away, and because mom likes being super early, we left the house around 5am. It was way too early to be up. It was completely dark. Then, her check-up only took around 30 minutes! We were expecting more exams! I basically drove around six hours that day because I drove back home to Woodstock after I took a nap and had early dinner with mom. It was an exhausting day.

Surprisingly, a few weeks ago, my dentist's office called to see if I wanted to reschedule my cleaning since it was cancelled a month ago when the office was closed because of quarantine. I said sure, so I had a quick appointment over there. Glad to know that even though I've been eating a bunch of candy during quarantine, it hasn't given me any cavaties lol.

But yeah, I think that's it. I mainly spent my time in May reading a bunch of Chinese web novels as shown in my May in Retrospect post lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment