Monday, May 8, 2017

The semester is over!

I finished my last final for the semester last Friday, and I have been enjoying being stress-free for the past couple of days, lol. Actually, I've been hanging out with a lot of people for the past week or two in between stressing out about possibly failing my accounting class. -__-"

I worried for nothing. I had a low C average in the class before the final, so I was really worried about failing the final, since the final also included past topics that the class as a whole did poorly on in previous tests. So not only did I need to study the new material, I also needed to figure out what I did wrong in the past tests. However, I ended up with a B in the class because he made it so that he either dropped your lower grade or averaged the two grades together for the topics that were from previous tests. Because I made a higher grade on most of the previous topics on my final, my average went up!

Two weeks ago, when I just finished my first final and was about to start stressing about my accounting final, I found out that my friend from high school, Tyler, was actually in town and has been for a while now. He's been in the navy for the past couple of years, so I never knew where he was, so it was a surprise to find out that we've been in the same town for the past couple of months, lol. We hungout for a while, ordering pizza and watching Dave Chappell and Kevin Hart's new shows on Netflix and just catching up with each other.

The Friday before the last, I hungout with David and one of his friends. We went to Cheddar's for lunch and then went to Ice Queen, a new rolled ice cream place in Macon, afterwards for dessert. David and I have been wanting to try it out for the past few months since it opened, so that day was a good opportunity, lol. I got this matcha with real strawberries flavor, which I really liked.

Last Tuesday was Carina's birthday, so she threw a little bonfire party in her backyard that we went to. It was fun to catch up with her and make s'mores and just generally be pyromaniacs, lol. We literally made flaming hot cheeto puffs by throwing them into the bonfire, lol. Alec brought sprinklers as well, so we had fun lighting those up, too. It was also nice just laying around outside on soft blankets because it was a little cold, but the fire kept us warm, and the company was good.

Then, last Friday, I got to hangout with Cam and Jessica before I had to take my final. Jessica was in town for an internship with Geico, and Cam didn't have any finals that day, so we went to get lunch and dessert at Ice Queen because Jessica wanted to try it. We went to this Mediterranean place next to Ice Queen, which was pretty good and ended up talking for two hours there, because we all had so much to catch up on, lol.

Later that night, to celebrate finals being over for David and me, we went out to buy alcohol with Alec and had a drink at my place. Alec's last final was the next day, but he already had plans that night, so we celebrated it on Friday, lol. It was definitely interesting. We're always trying different beers when we're with Alec. I'm never totally sure if I like most of them, lol.

Today, the three of us went to go watch the new Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 movie, which was so good. I didn't like the soundtrack as much as I liked it in the first movie, but the movie was hilarious like I expected, and Groot was so cute! God, he was so adorable! Definitely stay until the end of the movie, because there are at least 4 scenes during the credits.

But yeah, things have been busy, but I'm not complaining. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment