Thursday, February 11, 2016

Good Days and Bad Days

Everyone has their good days and bad days. For me, this semester seems to have already passed so quickly with how busy I am that's its become a blur of good days and bad days. Luckily for me, I'm involved in a lot more things this semester, and I've made a lot of good memories because of it.


Last week was busy getting to know the pledges and having the Big/Little reveal, so it's nice to have another little this semester, even though I might have been biting off more than I could chew since I'm so busy. But I'm trying to make time for her, and we've planned a whole family lunch tomorrow, so it'll be good. XD

This week was Lunar New Year, so our advisor threw a Lunar New Year's party for all of the members who helped out with MViet and Mercer on Mission: Vietnam, which was really fun. We all got red envelops filled with either a dollar or a lottery ticket, which we used to gamble playing Vietnamese games. Lol, it was hilarious watching everyone's reactions. There was also a lot of traditional Vietnamese New Year's food that was delicious to eat, so I pretty much stuffed myself. :)

I was also convinced to start working out with some of my friends, which has been really fun even though I'm usually sore as hell the next day, lol. My big even started working out with us this week. We workout on Tuesdays and Thursdays, which are back and arm days, so I've been working on my upper body for once in my life. I forgot how nice it feels to workout, especially with other people to help motivate you, lol.

Lol, this Tuesday was an especially good day. Jessica and I had finished working out with Mikey and were leaving the UC to go do homework when we ran into one of her friends who agreed to buy us some sushi from the UC, so we went back to the UC and ran into some more of Jessica's friends who gave her a free drink as well. While we were eating, Jessica convinced/guilted this guy that she met on Friday to buy us a meal from Chick-fil-a, so we got even more food! Then, while we were finishing it, it started snowing outside! Lol, there were flurries going on and off the rest of the day, which was cool even though it didn't stick. Then, I took a couple new brothers to the store to buy Valentines for our chapter meeting that night, since we were going to pass out Valentines to each other like in elementary school. It was a fun meeting, lol. I still haven't even gone through all of my Valentines. But I drew this cute fat unicorn that I copied from a pic online, lol. So yeah, Tuesday was a good day.

The bad day came on Monday when I found out that my uncle had died from a stroke the previous day. We weren't blood-related, but I knew him since I was born, since I was always at my grandma's house when I was younger before we moved to the countryside. He's always been in my life even though I haven't seen my grandmas as often these past few years. I was planning on going to his wake today since I knew my parents were going in the afternoon, so I had already planned it out and excused myself from my one class today. Then last night, I found out that my parents were planning on staying the night and going to the funeral tomorrow as well. I already have a lot of plans for Friday and had wanted to go to class as well, so I decided to not go with them after all. Now I'm debating on just driving up to go to the wake later today by myself or staying home and catching up on homework. :/

On another note, for some reason, I was really craving green tea smoothies from Smoothie King for the past few weeks but never had time to get some or was too broke to buy any, so I eventually caved and bought matcha powder off of Amazon and started making my own green tea smoothies. They're not the same as Smoothie King's version, but I still really like it! That, and I've been making green tea breakfast smoothies as well. I really like them because they're super filling and tasty, lol.

Also, I have quickly come to realize that I have become addicted to anime yet again, lol. Instead of reading fanfic, I now watch as many episodes of anime as I can in my free time now, which is just as bad as reading fanfic, since I really should be doing my homework. :\ I mean, I watched 16 anime last year, 5 of which I watched during Winter Break when I was free. In the span of less than 2 months, I've already watched 9 anime. That's more than half of what I watched last year alone! :o

But yeah, life's got its ups and downs, and I'm just trying to accept them as they come.

No comments:

Post a Comment