Monday, December 14, 2015

The semester is finally over! \o/

I don't think I've ever been so happy for classes to end as I was yesterday morning. This semester has been rough. I've written so many papers (pretty much at least one paper a week), had to deal with such a bullshit professor and had to do so much reading for classes that I never caught a break. D:

I guess I should have expected to have a hard course load since I was taking 18 hours, 6 of which were grad classes. :\ Guess what. I have the same exact schedule next semester... -__-"

But yeah, finals week was rough. I had a paper due on Monday, Tuesday, and Saturday along with actual tests on Friday night and Saturday morning. I also pulled an all-nighter studying and writing my last paper for my Saturday morning final. Such a bad life choice. I've realized that I'm too old to be pulling all-nighters anymore. I was in a loopy haze for half of the day after I took naps, lol. Luckily, my art finals were just presentations of our final projects. 


Now, I've been slowly cleaning up my room, which had steadily became filled with junk these past few weeks because of finals, and enjoying the stress-free feelings of euphoria that comes from not having deadlines coming up. XD

I got to see Krista and her bf yesterday, too! I'm pretty sure we haven't seen each other for the past two years since she moved to Columbus, so it was really nice to see her and know that we were still good. We had talked the night before while she was driving down to see her bf, and she explained why she kind of distanced herself lately.

I usually invite her to hangout with my group of high school friends whenever we have free time, and she usually turned down the offer, and she said it was because she kind of felt uncomfortable with everyone else since she felt like she didn't belong with the group, since she went to a different high school than us and was in a different economic class than the rest of us and some other stuff. I did not know that she felt that way, so it was nice to talk it out and realize that even though we've barely talked to each other in the past two years, we still get each other and are each others' best friends. 

I've long realized that I am terrible at maintaining long-distance relationships, friendships especially, so I hardly talk to my close friends that don't go to school with me. But I feel like a lot my best friendships are the ones that I don't see often, because even though we don't see or talk to each other every day, when we do get together, it feels like we've just seen each other the other day. It's not awkward; it's familiar and fun. 


However, I won't lie, because there are times when I doubt our friendships, because we haven't hung out in a while. But I don't really dwell on it, because I'm always proven that I had nothing to worry about the next time I see them. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment