Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Woot! ...and some updates :D

No more school for me! :D At least, not until January when the second semester starts anyway. :P

Unlike many people at my school, I exempted all of my finals so I don't have to go to school for the rest of the week! I'm so happy! You have no idea how happy I was in first period when I found out that I barely exempted my AP Lang class with an 86 without the extra five points added onto it for being in an AP class. I was freaking leaping with joy, yo. XD

I really thought that I'd have to take the final, so I had already made plans with some of my friends to go watch a movie after I finished the finals around 11 since the movie theaters opened around that time. Now, I get to go watch a movie tomorrow and actually get to sleep in! :D

Don't have to deal with any of this stress, lol. 


Also, since yesterday and today were review and make-up work days, I've been able to read a lot during class, so that's another bonus. I've finished reading Heist Society by Ally Carter yesterday and am a little more than halfway done with The DUFF by Kody Keplinger which I started reading today in second period. And I'm almost done with The Unidentified by Rae Mariz which I started reading over the weekend. 


[Lol, I just realized that all three covers feature a girl's face. :P]

All three books are really good. I already wrote a review for Heist Society over at goodreads if you want to read it. You can check out all of the books I've read or reviewed at my profile over here. But would it be better to just write my review here and post it on goodreads? Maybe I'll do that...

Anyway, The DUFF is pretty good. Definitely for the more mature audience though, since there's lots of cussing and sex in the book. It's kind of predictable since I could already tell what was going to happen immediately after I read a particular detail. However, the storytelling is very real and it flows pretty nice. I'll do a proper review when I finish reading it.

And The Unidentified is freaking AWESOME. This is probably one of the best books I've read this year so far. It's so original and true and unexpectedly funny at times, and I love the characters. Plus, there's one part in the novel that goes like this that had suddenly had me giggling when I read it. Possibly because I know that that's how my mom would react, too.

Ari's mom was so cool--she understood the direct correlation between getting new shit and popularity points. Not like my mom, who'd totally be like, WTF? No.

I'm glad that my love for books fever has come back. I think it was because I was too busy with school that I hadn't properly enjoyed a book for a while, so I was slowly weaning off reading books while my TBR book piles slowly grew. Either way, I'm glad that my Winter Break has officially started so I can spend the majority of my days curled up in my soft blanket reading. :3

Speaking of books, there's a lot of dystopian books coming out this year which I'm very happy about! Taschima over at the Bloody Bookaholic has made a list of some dystopian books that are being released in 2011. Since it's my favorite genre, I can't wait for them to come out so I can read them! XD They all sound great!

IT'S SO COLD!!! I FREEZE MY BUTT OFF SITTING OUTSIDE DURING LUNCH, BUT I LOVE IT. IT'S SO MUCH BETTER COMPARED TO THAT HOT, SWELTERING HEAT DURING THE SUMMER. ;D

And it's almost Christmas! Pretty pictures. :3


But yeah, since I'm finally on a long break, expect more updates! ...hopefully, lol. I want to catch up on my reading and watch this stack of DVDs that's been accumulating on my bookshelf ever since school started, so I'll definitely be busy during the break. Plus, I want to do some extra credit stuff for AP Bio and watch some dramas or variety shows, too, so yeah, lots of stuff to do. :3

That's it for now! Later~

Oh, but before I go, I thought I'd share some pictures that I saw on someone's blog that they got from tumblr. I really like them.




Now I'm done. :P


pointy.star

No comments:

Post a Comment