Sunday, June 23, 2024

Shows I'm Currently Watching: That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Season 3; Kaiju No. 8; My Hero Academia Season 6; As a Reincarnated Aristocrat, I'll Use My Appraisal Skill to Rise in the World

It's been a year since I've last done one of these posts. I've been watching a lot of anime lately, and I have opinions!

CURRENTLY WATCHING:

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Season 3

You already know that I'm a HUGE fan of this slime anime! Alec and I couldn't wait for the entire season to be completed before starting it, so now I'm dying every week waiting to watch the next episode lol. While the first couple of episodes were pretty slow in action, I appreciated all of the world-building and lore. There's a lot of new characters, too, so it gets a bit hard for me to remember all of them as the show is now focusing outside of Rimuru's domain. However, I like watching how everything is slowly interconnecting, because you KNOW that there's going to be an epic battle happening once all the strings tie together!


Kaiju No. 8

Started watching this at first purely because Alec noticed that OneRepublic sang the ending song. It's the first time we've seen an American artist doing an anime OST, so we were curious about what the show was about, especially since Crunchyroll has been hardcore hyping it up with its weekly simulcast schedule. Dang, we were so invested after the first episode. Kafka is a hilarious character, and I love his friendship with Reno. The action is great, the animation is awesome, the music is so good, and the cliffhangers are KILLER. I am hooked like an addict wanting to know what's next every week now that we started this show lol.


My Hero Academia Season 6

It's been over 5 years since I last watched My Hero Academia even though I loved it so much when it first came out lol. Now, I'm finally catching up so that we can watch the new season and I guess die waiting for a new episode every week as well lol. Season 4 and 5 were INTENSE. I can't wait to see how Season 6 pans out!


As a Reincarnated Aristocrat, I'll Use My Appraisal Skill to Rise in the World

I started this on a whim the other day to see if it was another generic reincarnated into a magic aristocracy anime, and it's surprisingly not bad! I like that Ars himself is not OP as soon as he's reborn. Instead, he works to bring OP characters to his side to help him change the future and protect his people and land. He probably relies too much on his retainers instead of growing himself honestly (which would be bad if they ever betrayed him but that would never happen with the power of kindess lol). The main thing about this show that confuses me is that he's supposed to be a reborn adult salaryman from Japan, but he instead still acts like a reckless kid, showing his immature personality all of the time. He's constantly shocked and flustered. I think it's partly for comedic effect, but it also downplays his intelligence and makes him rather boring after a while. Honestly, this anime would have been better without the reincarnated aspect. However, I LOVE his dad. He is probably one of the rare great father figures in anime lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment