Monday, March 20, 2023

FEB: Friends, Solids, Car Problems, Patient 0

February was pretty short mainly because our whole house was sick for most of the month lol. I’ll get into that soon. But first, we hungout with Krista and Erick the first Saturday of the year!

Because they kept on saying that they were going to come up to visit, we finally set up a date and met up that day! They drove up in the morning to avoid most traffic. After touring the house and Luna ate second breakfast, we headed out to 9292 Shabu for brunch, since Krista wanted to try shabu. We wanted to take them to 9292 because they also have a Kbbq option, so we could have the best of both worlds lol.

Afterwards, we went to Costco for groceries. It was surprisingly packed. There were too many impatient people :/

After that, we went to Snowflake Tea House to rest and get dessert. We shared tea, a honey toast, and a condensed milk snowflake with strawberries. Since Sweet Hut was in the same plaza, we walked over to get pastries for Krista and Erick to bring home.


Then, we finally went home to chill. We played Smash Bros and Overcooked on the Switch in the theater room while Luna finally warmed up to Krista and was okay with her holding her lol. Poor Erick, she kept crying whenever he held her lmao. We ordered pizza for dinner before they left to drive home.

Luna also started eating solids for the first time. She had baby oatmeal as her first solid meal and was very confused about chewing and swallowing lol. But we quickly learned that she is a fruit girl! She really likes pears, that's for sure lol.

I also had car issues earlier in the month. I left to go home early from the office and ended up running over something on the highway that warped my splash guard underneath my car. I called for a tow truck and moved my car to a nearby YMCA parking lot for easier access. Alec met up with me while waiting, and we ended up waiting for FIVE or SIX hours. We got home around 10! It was ridiculous!


My car was towed to the Acura dealership nearby, and they were able to replace my splash guard in a few days, so that was great. They also did an inspection of my car and saw that I had a lot of maintenance issues like needing new brake pads and filters. Luckily, Alec knew how to do everything except aligning my tires, so I just ordered the parts needed and had it shipped to his house so he could work on my car the next time I came over while the dealership did the alignment.

But yeah, the car incident happened the day Luna started daycare, so I was super upset to miss seeing her all day lol.

She started off three days a week, and it was tough for all of us to go from seeing her all day to not seeing her for most of the day. And apparently, it was tough for her immune system too. She came back after her first week from daycare with a stomach virus (and possible cold) and spread it to us over the weekend.

First, she kept spitting up after every time she ate. Then, a few days later in the afternoon, Kyle started throwing up. I was at Alec’s house at the time and was fine. However, I ended up puking in my car driving home that night. And Shelle started throwing up an hour before I got home. We were a literal mess that night. Sunday was slightly better, but they asked Kyle’s mom to come over to help take care of Luna while the rest of us were recovering. We all took Monday off as well since we still had sensitive stomachs.


Luna had already recovered from her stomach virus since Sunday (figures patient 0 would be okay so soon lol), but it seemed that she had a cold because she was coughing and had a constant runny nose. That soon spread to us. I didn’t go into the office for the rest of the month because I had such bad congestion and coughing.

Lol Alec stopped by our house one Saturday to drop off provisions for us because we were so pitiful. He made soup for us and brought a lot of cough drops and other stuff lol.

So yeah, February was a rough but short month.

No comments:

Post a Comment