Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Shows I'm Currently Watching: The Masked Singer, Trapped in a Dating Sim: The World of Otome Games Is Tough for Mobs, Spy x Family, Haikyuu!! To the Top, Obi-Wan Kenobi

I haven't made one of these posts in a while, so I thought I'd share the shows I'm currently watching!

CURRENTLY WATCHING:

The Masked Singer Season 2

We started watching this a while ago when my parents came up to visit, and my dad surprisingly really enjoyed it. I think it's because the show is pretty similar to Paris By Night where there's lots of live singing and small skits lol. My dad also liked the whole guessing parts even though most of us didn't know any of the contestants lol. I got Alec to finish watching the first season with me when I was staying over at his place, so now we're planning to start watching season 2 soon!


Trapped in a Dating Sim: The World of Otome Games Is Tough for Mobs

Alec and I watched the first episode on a whim when it first came out and unexpectedly really like it! I love how the main guy keeps on acting like a jerk to the main characters in the game lol. Also thought it was pretty funny about the world setting being a reverse harem, so guys in the show have to try to woo women with tea parties and appointments. 

So yeah, now Alec and I are waiting for the new episodes every weekend! 


Spy x Family

Funny enough, I bought the manga volumes when they first came out because I thought the art was cute, and the plot sounded funny. I was waiting for more volumes to be released before binge reading them all. Next thing I know, there was an announcement that it was being turned into an anime! Then, life got busy, so I never read the manga and the anime premiered. Alec had already started watching it and convinced me to watch it with him weekly, so here I am, impatiently waiting every weekend for a new episode to come out. It's just so cute and wholesome! I love their fake family lol.


Haikyuu!! To the Top

It's been almost half a year since Shelle, Kyle, and I finished watching the third season, so I definitely forgot a lot of characters after we started watching this season. But what can you do, we've been busy these past few months and haven't had enough time to sit down and watch a show together for a while since we've been in and out of the house for a while. Either way, Haikyuu continues to be super wholesome and funny and inspiring. 


Obi-Wan Kenobi

We've been watching every episode once they come out because Kyle is a big Obi-Wan fan, and I really like it! The amount of details each episode shows is astonishing! I do feel bad for the actress playing Third Sister. Apparently, she's been receiving a lot of racist, hate comments because of her character. It's just a show! Obviously, her character's not real! I don't know how they totally missed the spaceships and aliens to think otherwise!


RECENTLY FINISHED: 

In the Land of Leadale

Finished watching this pretty quickly in the span of two days after work because I needed something cute and relaxing to watch while I decompressed from the long commute for my new job while I was staying at Alec's house alone. I liked how even though the show was a slice of life, Cayna still had little side missions to help keep the plot moving and how the plot wasn't about how OP she was. Instead, she was just enjoying life since she wasn't able to before she died.

No comments:

Post a Comment