Tuesday, June 28, 2022

MAY: Chicago Trip, Avoiding Covid, New Job, Extreme Cheapskates, Jackie’s Bachelorette, Hiking & Repotting Plants

This month was WILD. So much happened in the span of a few weeks!

First, I went to Chicago with Alec and Jessica and hung out with my cousin for a couple of days. You can read more about our food adventures here.

Then, as Alec and I were waiting to board our flight back home, Shelle texted me not to go home because she tested positive for Covid and that they were waiting for Kyle’s results, but he probably had it, too, because he started developing symptoms not long after she became sick. Luckily, they were fine. They just felt super tired for a few days and mainly had cold symptoms.

But I had to go home because I started my new job in a few days. I needed to go to the office for my orientation and everything, so I needed to pick up clothes and stuff from home and bring it back to Alec’s house. He let me stay at his house while he and his family drove to DC that week to move his parents’ cars and help unpack at their new condo in DC. They were also stopping by some family’s house in NC, so it was a weeklong trip.

Basically, I was staying at my bf’s house alone for a week while I started a new job over an hour's drive away. It was a weird situation lol.

But work was fun. There was a lot of information to take in and a lot of people to meet in the team and sitting around our area in the office, so I’ve been enjoying it so far. I really hated the drive because there’s just SO MUCH TRAFFIC, especially if you’re driving south. But I got used to listening to podcasts during the drives to keep me awake and interested. I also didn’t really want to cook, so I was lucky enough to have leftovers to eat at home, and there were a lot of food options near the office to keep me fed during the week lol.

Shelle and Kyle still tested positive the next week even though they both felt fine, so I stayed at Alec’s house for another two weeks. Luckily, Alec came back from DC, and I had someone to feed me again lolol.

We also somehow got into watching TLC’s Extreme Cheapskates on Youtube and were both shocked and humbled by the way people acted. We later found out that a lot of it was exaggerated or scripted, so we felt bad for the Asian girl, Kate, on the show who got bullied after it first aired.

One extreme cheapskate was an older lady who was dating this guy. They had a one month trial period of living together, and it was interesting seeing how she tried to keep her living expenses down while living with another person. It also made Alec and I realize that we were basically having a one month  trial period living together, too. And it seemed to go over pretty well! My main complaint is the long drive to work!

We had Jackie’s bachelorette one of those weekends. This bachelorette was planned over 1.5 years ago when we had high hopes of traveling again lol. But then the outbreaks kept on occurring, so we decided to just have it in downtown Atlanta since Jackie said before that she hasn’t really experienced it before because she’s always been too scared to drive in Atlanta herself. Luckily, she really enjoyed it!

The last day of the bachelorette, Shelle texted me and said that they were finally negative, so I could finally go home. Unfortunately, I had all of my stuff at Alec’s house, so I didn’t go back home until that Friday just because the weather was bad all week, and I didn’t want to deal with that traffic lol.

Alec also drove up with me because it was Memorial Day weekend, so we were planning on hiking on one of those days. Because it was so hot that weekend, I decided to go to the Leita Thompson Memorial Park nearby instead because I knew that it was shaded and less likely to kill me lol.

After that, we drove back home and found out that Shelle was repotting her plants outside, so Alec helped out because he loves plants. That guy was in his element helping her out lol. Meanwhile, I just read on the side while occasionally grabbing stuff for them.

But yeah, it was a long and eventful (sometimes exhausting) month!

No comments:

Post a Comment