Tuesday, May 17, 2022

APR: Scrapbooking, Job Offer, Leaving My Job, Hiking Trip, Being Sick, Hanging Out With Friends,

Last month was a rollercoaster of emotions. It was nostalgic, bittersweet, and exciting.

First off, I got into scrapbooking lol. For the past few weeks, I've been cleaning up my room and decluttering since we were doing a big donation to the VVA. I kept on finding a lot of pictures, stickers, and small papers that I wanted to keep in addition to my growing notebook collection, so I decided to pile them all together and start scrapbooking. 

Well, after weeks of talking and not actually doing anything, I ordered a bunch of washi tape off of Amazon, and finally started scrapbooking! I also found a lot of printed memes and notes that I kept at work, so of course, I had to add them to the scrapbook, too! 

It was really nostalgic looking at all of the memes I had hanging in my cube. Just look at them! 

We went back to the office last month, so I had to unpack my stuff that I packed up in 2020. Who knew that I would have my second round of interviews with a company a week later and get offered a job later that day! 

After thinking about it over the weekend, I decided to accept the offer even though I had a couple more interviews coming up. I still wanted to see what else there was to offer, so I had another interview with another company and was waiting to hear back from Papa John's since their hiring manager was on vacation. In the end, the role wasn't what I was looking for, or they were taking too long to get back to me, so I declined them.

I eventually had to tell my manager and team that I was leaving, offboard all of my content, and go back into the office to pack up my stuff. It was a whole thing. You can read more about it here. I'm glad that we were back in the office for two days a week, so that I could say goodbye to a lot of my friends in person. 

However, before I left the company, I still had a personal day I could use before leaving (they were use it or lose it), so I took Good Friday off since Alec had it off as a holiday. We went on a whole day trip instead! 

We left a little later than expected in the morning, but we made it to Yellow River Park to go hiking. It was a lot more wild than I thought. There's not many signs, but there's a lot of trails that branch off, so it got a little confusing for a bit. Good thing we decided to walk on the trails near the river as our guide. But it was super green and nice!

Then, we drove to Yuki Izakaya for lunch because I was craving okonomiyaki the night before and saw it on the menu. Unfortunately, we found out at the restaurant that it was only served during dinner along with a lot of their skewers and other izakaya menu options. Instead, we ordered different ramens and really enjoyed them. I also liked all of the banchan included, especially the salad.

For dessert, we went to The Coffee By Hand for their bingsu to cool off. We ordered the strawberry snowflake, which was really good! I liked the pieces of strawberries and condensed milk drizzle. If we had more stomach room, you best believe we would have ordered the Bing Teuk A Set which included a bingsu and tuokbokki!

We went back home after that and chilled for the rest of the weekend. I just wanted to spend more time with him since he was flying out the next weekend to go to his friend's joint bachelor and bachelorette trip and then flying out to Missouri for a few days the next week. 

It just figured that I caught his cold a days after I went back home that weekend (he had a cold two weeks before this, so we all thought he was better until he started getting congested again when I was with him that weekend). So while he was out in Vegas enjoying all the food and drinks, I was sniffling at home trying to get all of my work together lol. Luckily, I mainly recovered by the next week.

That was my last week of work, so I was trying to get lunch with my coworkers and go into the office to finish packing all of my stuff. I also made lunch plans with Tobechi on my last day to get all of the tea because we spent over an hour catching up just on what was supposed to be a quick call earlier that week lol. But that changed quickly because I had to quickly drop my equipment off at the office before cancelling on Tobechi to go pick up Alec from near the airport because his engine fired twice when he was on the highway.

He called me not long after it happened. He had pulled off the highway into a side street in front of two buildings, so he wasn't in the way of traffic. After he tried his car again, his engine lights came back on, so he called it a loss and called his insurance to hire a tow truck to pick up his car. They said that it would take around 1.5-2 hours for them to pick up his car, so I actually made it to him way before they came. 

When it was around 2pm, the towing company called and said that it would take longer to come pick up the car. Since Alec wanted to watch them pick up his car to make sure it was handled correctly since his type of car is notorious for easily being fucked up if lifted incorrectly, we ended up waiting in my car for over four hours. 

AND his director was still calling him to see when he would make it home because they had a deadline to turn something in by the end of day. He, however, offered to let us eat on the company card, so of course we didn't turn him down. After the tow truck came, we drove to Shoya Izakaya for a pricy dinner. 

We ordered so much food, I can't believe I forgot to take a pic of the feast! We sat at the bar because it was a lot faster than waiting for a table, so our area was packed. We ordered a sashmi regular set (serves 2-3 people), cucumbers with spicy sauce, vegetable tempura, okonomiyaki, and baked katsu curry (from Kelly's high recommendation). I think because we didn't have a lot of carbs for the meal, we were able to eat almost everything and only had to box half of the okonomiyaki and baked katsu curry. It was a great meal. Definitely want to come back and try their ramen and skewers next time!

Then we went back home, and Alec had to work for a while. Poor guy really can't catch a break lol.

We hadn't hungout with Carina for a while, so we made plans to visit the Peachtree Road Farmer's Market, since we had so much fun hanging out at a farmer's market last time. This one was a lot bigger than the Marietta Square one and with a lot more food options! We had a lot of fun trying out the food and drinks and catching up. I'm really trying to convince her to leave her job because it sounds terrible. Lol we actually passed by one her offices on the way to the mall.

When I accepted my job offer, I decided to take a week off before my start date because I was originally supposed to be in London for a work trip with SITA. I still wanted to travel, so I made spontaneous plans to go to Chicago with Alec and Jessica. It was purely based on using Google Flights to see what was cheap during this week lol. It was tied between Chicago and Denver, but majority voted for Chicago, so that's what we booked!

But closer to the date of the trip, we checked the weather, and it kept on saying that it was raining almost every day. That was a total bummer to see. Alec and I wanted to go buy some rain jackets for the cold because it was forecasted to be in the 40-50s in Chicago, so we went to the Lenox Mall after hanging out with Carina. Luckily, we found our jackets at The North Face. 

You can find out more about the trip soon. I'm still sorting out the pics lol.

But yeah, this was a busy month!

No comments:

Post a Comment