Friday, March 18, 2022

FEB: Sleepovers, Parents Visits, Valentine's Day, & Hiking

February was full of people. I was pretty peopled out near the end of the month -__-"

Alec came over the first Thursday of the month to spend the weekend together. He had a work trip the next week and planned on quarantining for a week afterwards, so we didn't plan to see each other for a while. 

The next weekend, we went down to visit the parents because Shelle and Kyle found out their baby's gender and wanted to do a gender reveal for all of the parents. Our parents were the first to find out because they were most free lol. 

The upcoming Monday was Valentine's Day. I already had plans to go to a Monsta X concert with some friends, but the concert was moved to May because of the Omicron outbreak. Instead, Tawanda was still planning on coming over on Monday since she had already taken the day off of work lol. And then Alec returned home from his conference a day earlier. He came over after testing negative on Sunday and planned on making chicken and mushroom risotto for all of us for Valentine's Day. 

Look at this masterpiece!

Alec was planning on going back home after dinner, since he had to go back into the office the next day. He also planned on coming back over that upcoming weekend because he had to go to a wedding tasting nearby. Because of this, Shelle had thought that I was going to spend the week with him anyway and come back during the weekend, so I decided to pack last minute and go home with him lol.

We just didn't expect that he went to a team lunch on Wed and found out one of his coworker's girlfriend had Covid. Alec took a rapid test that night and was negative, but we both tested again on Saturday after it had been a few days since potential infection. Luckily, we were both negative, and Alec could go to the tasting after dropping me back home. 

My parents also decided to come up that weekend to hangout and because dad had some tax documents he needed help with and because mom needed to buy some dresses for upcoming weddings. It was super last minute plans though because Shelle and Kyle already had plans on Saturday while I just wanted to rest at home. I also saw the parents almost every weekend since dad's surgery in January, so I was pretty tired of hanging out with them because we have to spend so much time focusing on them whenever we're together. I just needed some space!

I think because my parents have retired, they're bored and have too much time on their hands, so they're focusing on spending time with us. But it's too much! They call and text all the time, too! I just need some space to appreciate them again lol. I can only handle my parents in limited periods of time, and after spending almost 2 weeks with them after my dad's surgery and seeing them almost every weekend afterwards, I need a lot more time to not be annoyed with them.

That following Monday was President's Day. Archana, Jack, and I had the day off, so we made plans to hangout at Archana's apartment where she finally started to break the news that she got a job in San Francisco and was relocating soon lol. After eating a bunch of snacks and Girl Scout cookies, Jack left, and I helped Archana pack up since she was spending the rest of the week at my place.

She wanted to hangout with Alec some more before she left, so he came over after work on Thursday night. What's great about having two more people who like cooking at home is that we were always eating something tasty every night lol. We also played {THE AND} Friends Edition and got super deep with each other. 

We went hiking around the trail behind Archana's apartment on Saturday before CJ picked her up for dinner. It was really good catching up with CJ as well. I'm glad she's enjoying retirement lol. But this might be one of the last times we go hiking at that trail together, so it was pretty bittersweet. Archana also took us to a different hiking trail further than our usual hikes, so I got to see a different view.

The next day, Alec and I went out for lunch by ourselves since we didn't want to get lunch with Kyle's mom and step-dad. We went to Hai Authentic Chinese to see if they were really authentic since their dim sum menu looked pretty legit. They were! Just pricy for dim sum and appetizers alone. But the food was really good! I liked their Szechuan Chilli Wontons and Grandma's Noodles. Their Garlic Cucumber Salad was refreshing and paired really well with all of the heavy oily dishes like the Spicy & Crispy Pig Feet. 

However, our main reason for going to Alpharetta was because I found out that there was a bingsoo place nearby! So after lunch, we immediately went to Cafe Bora to try their individual sized bingsoo! I got the Strawberry Matcha Bingsoo, and Alec ordered the Purple Sweet Potato Bingsoo. Both were really good! I wasn't expecting the condensed milk in the shaved ice for Alec's bingsoo!

Also, the plating was just super aesthetic lol. 100% approved!

But yeah, February was a super busy month full of good food and people and ups and downs lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment