Friday, October 23, 2020

AUG: Bridal Shower, Succulents, Selling the House, Visiting Parents, Kpop Groups, Free Books

August went by pretty fast. I'm still surprised that more than half of the year's already over. 

Erin's family hosted a bridal shower on August 1st, so of course we, her work buddies, had to show up and support her public shame lol (she hates being the center of attention). Archana and I decided at the last minute that I'd pick her up, so we arrived 30 mins late lol. It was pretty fun. Erin's family really knows her; they unanimously agreed not to play any games or do embarrassing presents because Erin would probably die lol. Archana and I didn't get the memo and didn't wear dresses, but Erin approved because we wore makeup at least lmao.

Her family gave us succulents as thank you gifts for coming, and so I ended up attempting to be a succulent mom. Since the succulents came in tiny pots and were already outgrowing them, I needed to get a new pot for it. But Amazon has too many cute pots and succulent options, so I ended up getting a bigger pot and a set of five pastel pink succulents as well. Unfortunately, the seller lied because only one of my succulents had any hints of pastel--they were all green! Either way, I was determined to grow them. 

I just don't think I'm cut out for gardening in general... The bridal shower succulent is sunburned on some leaves, and one of the other succulents' leaves keep on shriveling up. I also don't want to water it anymore because I think it'll become over-watered.

Two weeks later, we headed down to the parents' house on Wednesday night since we had to close on the house the next morning. Shelle and I took the day off since we weren't sure how long it would take. Fortunately we did, because we found at their office that the signing would be at noon instead of at 10:30am like we were originally told. Even our agent didn't know about the time change. Like wtf? So Shelle and I went to Panera for breakfast and drinks before going back to do the signing. It didn't take long, which was good. 

We spent the rest of the weekend at the parents house and worked from there on Friday. Mom cooked a bunch of food every day, and we helped dad finish building the porch swing for Mom to use in the back porch. I tried to use their massage chair as often as possible because I felt like my back and neck were aching every day. We left Saturday night because Kyle's mom and stepdad were coming over the next day for lunch.

We hadn't seen Kyle's parents since before Covid, so it's been a long while. Kyle's mom's a middle school teacher, and the way they're handling physical classes and online classes sounded pretty bad, so she ended up ranting about it for most of the time they were over lol. We also showed them our finished theater room and watched The Gentlemen, which was really good.

Because of Treasure and YouTube's related videos, Shelle and I have also completely gotten back into Kpop. We watched every English subbed Treasure video available, and I got into Seventeen's reality show called Going Seventeen. It's been running for the past few years, so I decided to watch their more recent ones by watching the more popular 2018 ones and then watching Going Seventeen 2019, which was so good. Because I watched the episodes on the tv in the living room, Shelle eventually got sucked into watching it with me, and we're now slowly catching up with Going Seventeen 2020

I'm so glad they have these shows because they're so funny and talented that it'd be a shame if no one was able to see all of their hard work and humor. They even composed, wrote, and filmed their new intro and outro songs for Going Seventeen! I definitely appreciate watching the intro and outro for each episode now that I know that Seventeen themselves made it.

We also got into Stray Kids once we found out that they had two Aussie members, Bang Chan and Felix, and watched a couple of videos of the group. They're also a hilarious group, and we found out that they also compose and write their own songs! Idols these days are so talented.

But yeah, we've spent most of our nights after dinner watching Kpop related videos before going to bed. 

There's this local, independent bookstore called FoxTale's that we always pass by on the way to work in town that we've never been to before but keep on meaning to go one day. Well, the time finally came because Shelle found out from their Facebook that they were celebrating FoxTale's Independent Bookstore Day at the end of the month and that they were giving out free books that day! Obviously, we had to go, and so we did. The bookstore was actually smaller than I thought, so there wasn't a huge selection of books I wanted to look at. Luckily, they had a big kids section, so I bought a lot of baby books for Meethu and Luke's new baby. 

The free books were actually ARCs with upcoming release dates, which were pretty sweet. They came in different bags, so we kind of blindly chose the books. Luckily, after looking through them all at home and switching books around, all three of us have a lot of books we're interested in reading. :)

I guess that's it. I felt like August was pretty busy. Maybe that's why it flew by so fast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment