Thursday, July 19, 2018

Food, Cooking Class, Tea, Dates, Parties, Fights, and Concerts

I realized that I never finished talking about what all happened in June in my last update. I got too caught up in almost breaking up, lol. In between being confused about my relationship, I did a bunch of more fun, exciting events!

One thing we were all excited about was the new conveyer belt sushi place that opened up in town. Since Tawanda wanted to hangout that day, we decided to get dinner there, and it was pretty good! They even sold ramen and udon and a bunch of other appetizers that I wanted like takoyaki! I definitely need to take David there.

That weekend, we hungout with Megan, since she had the weekend off for once. We got brunch at this nice place I'd never heard of, and we convinced her to take a cooking class with us later that night, so we ended up spending half of the day with her! To kill time, we went to the Perimeter Mall, since it was close by, and I ended up getting spicy chocolate to torture my friends with and nude lipstick, since I never get the color right when I order online.



Then we had the cooking class later that night. Since it was the only one that fit our schedule, we took this vegetarian and gluten-free cooking class and were the only people there who weren't gluten-free or vegetarians, lol. I'd never taken a cooking class before, so it was fun. Megan and I paired up and got tasked with making this white bean dip that tasted like hummus and homemade crackers, so it was relatively easy to make. I kind of forgot what everyone else made, but it was all good! I wish I remembered to take a pic of all of the food, lol. We got to get free ice cream afterwards! I couldn't finish it though because I was so stuffed.

David came up to visit the next day. This was after our first discussion about what a flop the previous weekend was for our relationship and why I was disappointed that we couldn't hangout since I knew that we wouldn't have time to see each other for almost another month. It was fun. We just hungout at home and relaxed.

Then Kyle and Michelle left for Chicago for a week, and I was home alone. This meant that I could actually leave work on time and get home early. :P I also made plans to get tea with Carina and Jenny since we haven't hungout in a long time. I heard about Dr. Bombay's Tea House a few weeks before and wanted to try it, and since I knew that Carina worked nearby, I thought it was a good place to meet up. Then she suggested to ask Jenny to come hangout, so it was all set.

The place was really cute and the tea was good; I'm just sad that I forgot to take a pic of everything since Carina and I shared a tea set and had biscuits and stuff. After we finished, we walked around the area and took pics because that's what we do whenever we hangout with Carina, lol. It was fun seeing them again, and now we're on the lookout for plays to go to next time, since Jenny really wants to go watch some.



I took that Friday off because I originally had plans of going home and visiting David, but that changed because I had to go to my cousin's graduation party that Sunday. Instead, I stayed home to let the exterminators in, and then left to get my oil changed at a family friend's place 45 minutes away. To be extra productive, I went to the gym and did a 5k on the treadmill.

The next day, I hungout with Megan. She overslept, so instead of gettting lunch, we went to go watch The Incredibles 2 and got dinner afterwards. It was basically a date, lol. I paid for tickets, and she paid for dinner. XD

The next day, Michelle and Kyle came back from Chicago in the morning, and we chilled around the house for a few hours before going to LeeAnn's grad party. It was a shock to find out that they and our other cousins moved the year before, so it was interesting driving into the neighborhood and seeing a bunch of cars outside at two different houses. That's how we found out which houses our cousins moved into, lol. It was pretty fun. Lots of food to eat, and we actually had time to talk to our little cousins for once. The last few times we've seen them, it was only at weddings and big events. They've all grown so much! I'm used to them all being like eight or something, lol.

That week, I was kind of thinking back on the whole movie incident with David and thinking about our relationship while I was writing that last post, so I started thinking about it some more, which led to us having a talk about how I felt taken for granted and how I just wanted us to spend time together whenever we were in the same area. That happened on a Thursday night, and it sounded like we were going to breakup during the first half of the talk. I cried so much during that call that my eyes were puffy the next day. Luckily, it was a Friday, so I had the weekend to recover and let the swelling go down.

I texted him an apology the next day about how I was taking my frustrations out on him lately and thanked him for being patient with me. He said that he understood why I did it and forgave me, but we didn't really talk much for the next couple of days other than a few texts.

That Tuesday, I went to Eric Nam's concert with Michelle, Kyle, Megan, and Nicole. We went to Shake Shack for dinner. It was my first time eating there, and I really liked it! The fries were so crispy! Then we went to wait at Buckhead Theatre. Even though they started letting people in at 7, the line still wrapped around almost the entire building! It was so hot and humid outside that I was sweating through my shirt, which was gross, lol. But it was worth it because Eric was a great performer and his opening act, Loote, weren't that bad either. Plus, Eric was super hilarious in between each song, lol.

The next day, David and I finally talked again and made up. I had already made up my mind that I wanted us to work on our problems together, because breaking up sounded like running away from the problem instead of facing forward and tackling the problem. He said the same thing and said that he only mentioned breaking up because he thought that he was hurting me so much that it would be better if he wasn't there to hurt me anymore in the first place. So we talked it out, and we're working on it. We're really trying to talk about everything that bothers us when it happens so that it doesn't build up again.

That weekend, we went home, so I got to see David for a couple of hours before and after he got off of work on Saturday. We talked some more and then went to go hangout with Harrison for a bit. I hadn't seen him in a couple of weeks, so it was nice. Afterwards, when David dropped me off at home, I ended up spending an hour ranting to him about work and Michelle and Kyle's spending habits, lol. It just made me realize that I really missed talking to him when we spent the past two weeks unsure about ourselves.

I also realized that because we keep our house so cold up in Kennesaw, whenever we go home to Warner Robins, it feels so hot in my room because I'm too used to being even colder in my current room. This makes staying in my old room so much more difficult now, lol. I always feel like I'm melting or something. XD

But yeah, that's what happened in June. It was definitely a busy month!

No comments:

Post a Comment