Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Shows I'm Currently Watching: My Hero Academia, Ugly Delicious, Black Lightening, Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku

I've been slowly watching these anime and shows for the past couple of months, some much more consistently than others (*cough*MyHeroAcademia*cough*), so I thought I'd tell you my thoughts on them so far.

CURRENTLY WATCHING:



I have been consistently watching this show every week since the new season came out, and I have been consistently dying every week after the episode is over because cliffhangers are the devil. Mikey and I basically spam each other with texts after we watch the new episode every weekend and despair that we have to wait another week to find out what happens next. Lol, it's a great anime that only gets better with every season. I think we're at the halfway point of the season, which is great, because there's so much happening, and I need to know what's going to happen next even though I've already read this part of the manga a year or two ago, lol.

But the newest episode hit me in the feels too much. How dare this anime make me cry! D:



I watched the first episode with David a couple months ago not too long after it came out, but stuff happened, and I don't think we were ever in the mood to watch it when we were together. But I started watching it with Michelle and Kyle when we were food prepping for our Memorial Day party, and we ended up watching almost the whole season in one day. Hopefully we'll finish it soon, because it's really good. I like how it brings different perspectives to common food that we never think about their origins and how they've changed over time and the connotations they can have depending where in the world you're at.



I was really interested in this show because of many reasons. First, you finally have a hero who retired and has a family he needs to take care of. Second, this is the first black superhero on tv in a long while. Lastly, it goes deep and showcases racial tension and racial profiling in a time where real life is fraught with it, showing a realistic depiction of what's been happening to black people for so long that's only been brought to light only in the past few years. I just really like what the show stands for and the direction it's going. David and I started watching it together last month, but we haven't watched it since. I really want to continue it, so I think I'm gonna watch it on my own time soon.



I started watching this anime recently, but it's been on my watchlist since the beginning of the season, because the plot sounded great. It hasn't let me down for a second! It's hilarious and somewhat relatable since I can understand wanting to hide your otaku personality when you first meet people and the joy that comes from finding other people who enjoy your same interests. It's a great, funny anime with hilarious and adorable characters. The romance is cute and funny, and the side characters are equally as charming if a little confusing about their relationship, lol. I'd definitely recommend it to any otaku, lol.

FINISHED:



I watched the anime last year and really enjoyed it, so of course I knew that I was going to watch the live action drama version of it. I ended up watching all 12 episodes in one day; I forgot how addicting it was. I also loved how even the show knew not to take itself so seriously at parts, which made things even funnier, lol. If you liked the anime, then you will probably like the drama version. It's got all of the same great points of the anime and exaggerated it even more in the drama. I loved the body building club members. They were so dumb but sweet, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment