Saturday, June 9, 2018

New Job, Working Out, Wedding, Hanging Out, Parties, Terrariums, and Movies

Here's what's happened in May! It's been an exciting month!

I started my first day of work on May 1st. I had a new hire orientation and benefits meeting with a couple of other new hires, one who was also a grad intern like me, so that was cool. Then I got to meet some of my team members, who took me out to lunch at The Cheesecake Factory at the mall across the street from our building, which was awesome. Then I had to set up my stuff and login and gain access for a lot of stuff and learn more about the company. All in all, a pretty good first day.

It wasn't until the third day there that I ran into the other grad intern, Dominique at the bathroom of all places, lol. We found out that we're on the same floor--just on the other side of the building! There was another intern working near her, Archana, so I met her and grabbed lunch with them and some other interns who started in February. It was really nice meeting more people around my age and learning about their struggles of gaining access to things, too. :) Everyone's so nice here!

Michelle, Kyle, and I decided to go to the local park on Tuesdays to run and workout, so that's basically the only time I've done to workout since I haven't found a gym to sign up with at the time. I just feel not great since I haven't worked out as often as I'm used to.

Megan and Nicole's older brother's wedding was on Sunday, and Michelle chipped another nail, so we ended up getting our nails done a few days before the wedding. Omg, our nail techs were so funny that we died laughing so much. I couldn't breathe for a while and my abs hurt from laughing so much! It was great!

That Friday, we met up with Tiffany and Zach and took them to Iron Age because apparently Michelle and Kyle have promised to take them there for a while now. They loved it. Omg, Zach can eat so much! I was so stuffed afterwards to the point that I contemplated unbuttoning my pants, lol.


That night, I helped Michelle make her popular buffalo chicken dip for game night at Lance's apartment the next night. I met his roommates and one of their friends who kind of reminded me of a slutty version of Mikey, lol. He had a lot of raunchy story times that were hilarious. We played Quip Lash at the end of the night, which is always fun.

The next day was the wedding. Michelle curled my hair, and I did my makeup and wore heels for once, and my mom didn't recognize me at first glance, lol. We didn't sit with our parents like we thought we would. Instead, we sat with another family, but it was still pretty funny. The MC's were entertaining because they were really into it when they sang, and it was nice seeing Megan and Nicole again.

That Friday, we got dinner at the Big Chow with Mell after work. She was her usual hilarious self. It was nice catching up and hearing about office drama, lol.

The next day, we drove home to spend some time with our parents for Mother's day weekend before driving them to the airport the next morning for their trip to Mexico. Michelle and Kyle actually drove them to the airport, and I drove their truck to our house, so they could just drive home themselves when they came home.

For the past month or so, David and his friends have been trying to make plans to see each other, and it finally happened on Wednesday. David drove up to pick me up for lunch at PF Chang since we've never eaten there before, and then we met up with them at Kuroshio's for dinner.


It was kind of annoying because there's two locations for Kuroshio, one in Kennesaw and one in Smyrna. We thought that since they went to KSU, we'd be eating at the one in Kennesaw, which is close to us, but then we find out a few hours before we're meeting up that we were going to the other one. That meant that I had to drive home for an hour and a half only to turn back around in 30 minutes to go back to the same location as my office to get dinner because they couldn't communicate properly. They had the past two weeks to come up with a place to eat and make plans, and they all decided it in a few hours the day of. It was so annoying, and then Desiree was a kind of a bitch about it when I told them about the miscommunication, and I was kind of done with her for the rest of the dinner. It was nice to talk to Trey after we left the restaurant though.

Ugh, I'm still kind of annoyed by the whole thing. I guess it's just because I'm used to making plans and ironing out the details ahead of time with other people. Spontaneous plans are hard to do when you've got a job and traffic to deal with, and I value my time and don't want to waste it on traffic any longer than I have to.

That Friday was busy. I made plans to go watch Deadpool 2 with some of the other interns and one of their friends that night as well as going to a terrarium class beforehand. I also made an appointment to check out LA Fitness to finally sign up with a gym.

That mean after work, I spent an hour checking out LA Fitness's facilities and doing paperwork before heading over to the terrarium class and getting gas around that area. Because Dominique and Archana were still out getting alcohol (it was a BYOB terrarium class) and had already eaten, I stopped by Tropical Smoothie to get a drink for dinner, lol. We met up at the store 30 minutes before the class started, and I eventually got to meet their friend Esther, who was really nice and funny.

The class was really fun! There were so many options from the succulents to the pebbles and moss, so it was hard for an indecisive person like me to choose what to use. Esther also brought cheese and crackers for us to snack on, so we had to try not to drop dirt on our drinks and food, lol. In the end, all of our terrariums showed our personalities and how different we are. Like Dominique was very natural looking while I had a dinosaur in mine, and Archana was very minimalistic like how she likes to keep her desk, and Esther did three small ones to give to other people like her boyfriend and friends.


After class, we had 30 minutes before our tickets for Deadpool 2 started at 10 PM, so we went over to AMC Phipps Plaza, a fancy movie theater with really nice seats and got some snacks and figured out where our seats were. Lol, Deadpool 2 was hilarious! The ending scene was the best!

I was planning on going home that weekend because I had made plans with everyone down there, so I decided to just drive home after the movie around 12:15 in the morning because then I wouldn't have to deal with traffic. The drive was pleasant since I had my music up, lol. I spent the night at David's house since my parents were still in Mexico and Brian had maybe plans of spending the night in Atlanta at one of his friend's house.

Later that day, I went to Alec's graduation party. I wish I took a pic of the card David and Kim got him that I ended up signing as well. It was a picture of the Statue of David with a diploma springing out where his junk was, and on the inside, I wrote MOIST really big, because we all know that he hates that word. When he opened the card, all he saw was that word, and he threw it on the ground without reading the rest, lol.

The party was fun. We ate way too much food, joked too much, teased each other way too much, and played a lot of Mario Cart. Lol, I like teasing Kim about all of her (not) boyfriends.

The next day, we finally watched Avengers: Infinity War. I felt so betrayed the day before when I found out that Alec had already watched the movie twice. It was bad enough that Jerry and Harrison had ended up watching it opening weekend with their other friends, but Mikey, David, and I were so betrayed to find out that we've all been avoiding spoilers for three weeks waiting to watch the movie with our friends like we agreed when it first came out only to find out that half of our friends had already watched it! Even Kim had already watched it! Lol, I'm glad that I already watched Deadpool that weekend so I wouldn't have to wait forever to watch it.

Last weekend was Memorial Weekend, so we decided to throw a little potluck that Sunday so we'd all have Monday to recover. That meant that we ended up going to three different grocery stores on Saturday to get groceries and last minute things and ended up watching six out of eight episodes of Ugly Delicious on Netflix while food prepping and snacking. It was a long day. But that show is really good. The first episode was kind of iffy though; it was trying too hard. All of the other episodes were much better.

The next day David, Harrison, Alec, and Jerry came up half an hour early to celebrate. They brought a bunch of food and ended up cooking chicken an hour after they came for the potluck after Michelle and Kyle's friends came. Jerry was so impressed by Kyle's collections, and Kyle ended up giving him some anime DVDs that you could practically see Jerry's heart eyes, lol. It was a fun party. I didn't drink as much I planned to because I started getting a headache, but playing Quip Lash and card games were still hilarious. We all learned that we are terrible people with the same horrible sense of humor that night.


The next day, we wanted to eat ramen, so we decided to eat at Ton Ton, which is at Ponce City Market. The wait for the restaurant was an hour long, but ordering to gp was going to be 10 minutes, so obviously we ordered to go. It was really good. I tried a bit of the broth beforehand and ended up burning my tongue, so everything tasted slightly muted, lol. After that, we walked around the mall and got ice cream for dessert, which was delicious. I hadn't been to Ponce City Market in years, so it was nice walking around and seeing everything. It was super hot and humid outside, so we mostly stayed inside until it was time to leave.

The past two weeks have been kind of stressful at work because I've been working on a project that's been put on the backburner for a while since the consultant went on a two week vacation a day after I started working, so I really couldn't do anything for a while. Now the deadline's coming up, and we've been given lots of inconsistent and confusing information, and even trying to schedule a meeting is tough because she's in Abu Dhabi, and it's Ramadan over there, so they leave work even earlier this month. But yeah, I'm working with another coworker, so I'm not overwhelmed or anything now that we have daily meetings to go over everything we're working on. We also just found out that the deadline got pushed back to September, so we all feel much better about working on the project now, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment