Sunday, August 24, 2014

Kpop Appreciation Post: Speed, Mad Clown

I found this post that I started writing in April and thought that I might as well post it since I'm still behind on Kpop. These two songs are pretty old, but I still like them. :)

I've been so caught up in watching anime that I haven't really given Kpop any attention lately, lol.

It seems that Speed has had a comeback a few weeks ago. I really like their song, "Look At Me Now". It kind of vaguely reminds me of Justin Timberlake's "Cry Me a River" though. Either way, I really like the beat.



The music video is kind of bland since it's just them dancing in the desert, but their dance is pretty cool. I really like how it flows with the song. :)

Mad Clown has released "Without You" featuring Hyolyn earlier this month, which sounds really good! This is one of those songs where rap and ballad actually mesh well together. Mad Clown's rap really conveys his heartbreak and anger and Hyolyn's voice is equally sad and haunting.



The music video was kind of confusing, but once I realized that he basically destroyed the room after going through flashbacks of their happy relationship before the girl came back to the room at the end, I thought that it was a pretty overused mv plot. Lots of music videos about heartbreak or revenge use this type of plot. However, I still really liked the song. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment