Monday, September 13, 2021

AUG: Hospital Visits, Hangouts, Terrible Business, Crunch Time at Work, Farmer's Market

August was pretty stressful. I spent a lot of time dealing with mom's surgery follow-up and work.

Because Shelle and Kyle had bought tickets to Atlanta Comic Con months ago, I drove by myself to stay with mom at the hospital over the first weekend in August. Dad drove back home to deal with chores and bills, so I stayed at the hospital with mom for most of the day helping her with her daily needs like using the bathroom and moving the food tray around within reaching distance for her. She was getting antibiotics for the first two days, and the IV cords kept on getting twisted for some reason, so the alarm kept on going off every half hour, which was annoying.

The next weekend, Shelle went to stay with mom for the weekend. Kyle didn't go because his best friend was supposed to come over to hangout and watch a concert. I didn't go because I wanted to do run some errands and do some chores around my room since I haven't spent a weekend at home in the past month. Then, I got into an argument with dad the day before Shelle was heading out to Augusta, so I invited Jessica to come over and hangout that weekend while Kyle went with Shelle to stay with the parents at the hospital.

Jessica came over Saturday night, so I ordered Viet food using Uber Eats, since I was tired from running around town earlier in the day lol. We haven't seen each other in person since we went to Colorado last year in February, so there was so much to catch up on. I got to talk to her new boyfriend, and we had a spa night afterwards. 

I had this purple clay mask I wanted to try out, so we ended up looking like clowns after it dried down, so we kept on laughing our asses off! Jessica FaceTimed her boyfriend to show him how goofy we looked, and then he sent her his screenshots of her, so we died again!


The next day, I made masala chai and tteokbokki for brunch. Then, we got sucked into watching Pray Away on Netflix because the featured clip they showed was too interesting. Unfortunately, the documentary was too dry, so we both fell asleep at different parts of the movie lol. Then, to get back on a happier note, I rewatched Taylor Tomlinson: Quarter-Life Crisis with Jessica because she hadn't seen it yet, and we're thinking of going to her comedy show in November if Covid cases die down. Then, her mom texted and asked her if she was free to talk that night (they've had an argument for the past three months), so she left not long after Shelle and Kyle came back home that Sunday.

Because mom was told that she would be discharged from the hospital soon, we hired a cleaning company near their home to do a deep clean of the place since no one's cleaned the house for almost two months, and mom needs a clean, dust-free living environment. 

Anyway, this company already pissed us off because Shelle originally agreed for them to come clean the house on the 14th, but a week before that, she asked them if we could move the dates because mom was getting better and might be discharged earlier. However, no one responded back to her for five days, and when they finally did, they said the earliest date they could come over was like the 21st or something, so Shelle said, "Nevermind, we'll just stick to the 14th", but this bitch was like, "Sorry, we already booked someone else for this date." So now we're even more pissed because they didn't respond in a timely manner and had already removed us from our original date without confirming anything with us first. But we agree to the new date because we had already paid them upfront. But the morning of the 21st, they texted Shelle and said that one of their cleaners was sick and so they couldn't come over today and would need to reschedule. Again. So we're all even more pissed.


Shelle eventually called the company and filed a complaint and asked for a refund. We decided to spot clean the house for now and hired a different company to come over, which came last weekend. It's just ridiculous because before booking their services, we only found great reviews from them online. Then, when all this bullshit with them appeared, we suddenly saw a bunch of complaints about them on Yelp and Facebook about running into the same issues. 

Don't know why we didn't see those complaints to begin with, but I'm glad we went with this other company. Even though it took them longer (since it was one worker for the morning and another worker came in the afternoon), they were really thorough and nice and told us that if we noticed they missed anything, just contact them, and they'll come back and fix it. 

Near the end of the month, I was also super stressed because of work. I was supposed to have finished these three decks by August, but because of mom's stuff and other projects taking priority and just being lazy lol, I hadn't finished them. Then, our consultants were on my case for getting them done, so I was working overtime for a week trying to crank these decks out and get them reviewed in time. All of this could have been avoided if I managed my time better, but that's just who I am as a person lol.


That Saturday, I explored the Farmer's Market in downtown Woodstock for the first time with some of our neighbors and their baby in the morning. It was pretty small, but they had so many food stalls! There was a lot of variety, so between the three of us, we got Jamaican hibiscus tea, fried pies, and empanadas for brunch.

After we got home, I rested for a bit before finishing the decks and officially felt ten pounds lighter now that I completed most of my responsibilities lol. I still needed to wait on the SMEs to review the deck, but that doesn't take as much time as creating them lol.

Overall, it was an eventful month :)

No comments:

Post a Comment