Sunday, August 21, 2016

Working out and hanging out

These past two weeks have been a haze of tiring, but good times, lol.

Since I got back from Kyle and Michelle's place, David and I have been working out with Mikey every morning except for Saturdays, which are rest days. Because we workout at 7:30 every morning, I have to wake up around the ungodly hour of 6:45 every morning, which is earlier than when I had to wake up for my internship this summer! We workout and goof off for a couple of hours every day, lol. David and I have this bad habit of immediately eating something, showering, and napping after each workout, lol. So yeah, my mornings are pretty busy. :)

Last weekend, Kyle, Michelle, David, Megan, Nicole, and I went to Hilton Head. The last time we saw each other when David and I were in Kennesaw, we talked about how much we all wanted to go somewhere since it's been so long since we last did anything together and had wonderlust, lol. Because there was too many of us to fit in one car, we took two cars, with David and I driving in the second car, since we were two hours closer to Hilton Head.

It was really fun despite the argument David and I had. The hotel we stayed at was right next to the beach, so we spent the Saturday at the beach for 5 hours. Obviously, we all came away with sun burns, lol. David and I got into a fight because of misunderstanding that lasted almost the rest of the afternoon, but we talked it out at night and are trying to do better.

The last day we were there, we went to the Tanger Outlet to go shopping since all of the stores had lots of sales. Then we got lunch at what seemed to be the only Vietnamese place around because we wanted to try it out. Our waitress was this white girl, and we were so confused at first, lol. We ended up just speaking in English to her, but the server who was giving us our food was this nice old Vietnamese man. My sis told him thanks in Vietnamese and he was so surprised and happy that we could speak, so he told us that he would just speak to us in Viet from now on, lol. He was very cute and nice and even ran after us when we left, because Shelle forgot her to go coffee, lol.

That was when we split up to go home. David and I were on the road for 30 minutes when we were approaching another Tanger Outlet, and we made a split second decision to go since David was kind of regretting not buying a new pair of sneakers when we were at the other outlet mall (but we were so tired that we just wanted to go sit down somewhere, lol). We ended up going to Nike and Under Armour to buy shoes for David and workout clothes for me since they had a lot of stuff on sale. Then we finally went home, lol.

I finally reunited with Cam on Monday! He was away on vacation with his family the week that I came home, so we weren't able to see each other until that day. Lol, it was good to catch up with him and Jayson, his boyfriend, at Roly Poly, which was our usual place to grab lunch and catch up. They gave me a lot of advice about what to do about my rocky relationship with David since they both went through a rough patch recently and got through it together. And we had a lot of fun just learning about what we've been doing all summer, which was nice.

I ended up going Pokemon hunting with Mikey afterwards. We heard that you could catch Charmander's at the Indian Mounds at the Ocmulgee Reservations, so we went over there and caught some Pokemon even though it was so hot. It rained at one point, and all we did was run for our cars and got our umbrellas, lol. We even caught a Pikachu! Then we went to Fountain Park afterwards because we heard that it was a Magikarp and Dratini spawn site. It definitely was a Magikarp spawn site, but we only saw one Dratini, which is better than none, lol. It was a long and eventful day, especially because we had just worked out that morning.

I went Pokemon hunting with Mikey a couple of days later, too. We went back to Fountain Park to find more Dratini's, but we only found one again. It was so hot that we decided to get frozen yogurt, but us being us, we left the game opened as we drove, so we saw a Growlithe and Vulpix nearby before even got onto the main road, so we had to turn around and find them both. Then Mikey's mom called for him to pick her up since she was getting eye surgery that day, so we took another detour and picked her up and took her home from the doctor's. Basically, the whole trip to Menchi's and back to the park was full of detours, lol. We were back at the park at the parking hitting up a Pokestop when I noticed a Dragonair nearby, and that was the fastest we ever got out of a car. XD

Shanice had called an emergency meeting with Jackie and me the other night, so we decided to meet up on Thursday night and drink wine and eat cheese like fancy people, since we had talked about doing that earlier in the summer. We ate until we were stuffed and finished a bottle and a half of wine talking about our relationship problems and hilarious stories, lol. It was great. They didn't leave until almost 3AM, and I felt like dying the next day when I was working out, but it was worth it, lol. It was good to have girl time.

Last night, my college friends and I had a potluck at Harrison's new apartment, which was also great. We all hadn't seen each other often during the summer, so it was great seeing everyone again and catching up. The guys are always so gay towards each other, which was always hilarious, and we always end up shitting on one or two people, which always kills me with all of the shade and comebacks we come up with. Harrison, Carina, and Alec were still cooking when we came over, so it was fun watching them cook and pretending to judge them, lol. I definitely want to do something like that again.

Then, today, my high school friends and I had a get together, since we usually have one every summer and winter. Shanice is going to France for two weeks tomorrow, so I tried to make a get together happen before she left. Unfortunately, Jackie couldn't make it after all, so our interrogation plan didn't really happen, lol. Shanice brought her new boyfriend to the get together, so we were planning on interrogating him to see if he loved her because Shanice knew that she did, but she wasn't sure if he is in love with her. But we missed her chance when she went to the bathroom, lol. But I think it's okay, he really seemed to like her from what we saw; he didn't talk that much, so we're not totally sure though.

So yeah, it's been a busy two weeks since I got back home. I've also been slowly cleaning my room and getting rid of books that I've read and don't want to keep anymore and books that I haven't to read but don't plan on reading anymore. I've been trying to throw away or donate clothes and things that I don't need anymore so that my room is less cluttered and easier to pack up whenever my parents decide to sell our house or rent it out. Lol, I've got four piles of books on the floor that I want to sell. They take so much space that my room looks even more cluttered, lol. 

No comments:

Post a Comment