Tuesday, September 29, 2015

It's been a stressful month :o

Life has been pretty busy these past few weeks with Anime Weekend Atlanta this past weekend, Japanfest the weekend before, and double date with Jackie and Lee the weekend before that. Not to mention all of the homework and papers and tests and presentations I had in between everything. 

The sad part is that I didn't take pictures of any of these events. :/ I was just too busy enjoying the moment to remember to take a picture, lol. Besides, both AWA and Japanfest were supremely crowded and busy, so I kind of felt exhausted just walking around. But in the end, I ate great food and bought lots of things at Artist Alley, lol.

I pretty much felt burnt out for the past two weeks since I worked on my internship paper, poster, and presentation last minute. What I should have started working on three weeks ahead of time, I did all in one week. This meant writing 25 pages of my work report (which ended up at 50 pages since I had to include my journal entries I wrote during my internship), creating a huge poster to summarize my internship experience, and creating a PowerPoint Presentation of my internship to present to fellow classmates and professors that Friday. I got around 5 hours of sleep every day that week, and my internet went out when I was trying to design my presentation. The stress was so real the next day. D:

Then, even though I felt like sleeping the weekend away and because I felt like I needed a break and didn't want to disappoint David by not going, I went to Japanfest with David, his sis and friends, and the rest of the ISSA club in Atlanta. It was so much more crowded than last year! It was so ridiculous just waiting in line! But it was still fun watching different performances and trying different Japanese snacks and drinking bubble tea.

Then, when I tried to be productive that Sunday since I had to study for a quiz on Monday, a test on Wednesday and write two papers by the next Monday, I ended up goofing off most of the day with David, Marc (since he was in town to work on his internship stuff), and Jessica (since we ran into her and she had homework to do as well). So I wasn't really productive until we all buckled down and got to business around seven and stopped working around midnight when the library closed.

Regardless, I still didn't have time to study for my test on Wednesday, so I was surprised to find out that I made an 86 on the test. :o Then, when I should have been working on those papers, I went to support Mviet at the Macon an Impact even on Thursday since they were performing and the staff were giving out free food and t-shirts. It was really fun since we had a photobooth for people to take pictures using Vietnamese props, and there were lots of really interesting performances.

Then it was AWA the next day, so I definitely did not write anything that whole weekend except for when we came back Sunday afternoon. Since we weren't really interested in any panels on Sunday, we just went to the Dealer's Room and Artist Alley to check out the stuff one last time in hopes of getting a deal and left afterwards. We got back to David's house around four, and I goofed off for an hour, did some homework for another class for an hour and started working on one paper from 7-12 that night. Then I went home and started working on my other paper until 2:30 after I goofed off for an hour. Then I finished my second paper 20 minutes before the due date earlier tonight, lol. I'm so sleep deprived. ;__; 

But back to AWA! On Friday, Lauren and I went to the Kpop Lip Synch Contest, which was hilarious because it pretty much became a dance off as well, and some people were really good at making the crowd laugh. There were these two sassy gay guys who were on point with all of the sexy girl group dances as well, lol. It was super fun. I went with the whole group to Anime Hell aftewards, which was also really funny and ridiculous.

The next day, we hit up the Dealer's Room and Artist Alley multiple times, and David surprised me with this super cute alpaca with a strawberry hat on its head. Since we were struggling on picking a super manly name for its cute self, Kim told us that we should just call it Ichigo since it means strawberry in Japanese, so we did, lol. I bought a couple prints and an alpaca shirt (way before I knew that David bought me one, lol), but Jackie and I held ourselves back from buying everything unlike last year. XD 

We also went to AWA's sixth annual Burlesque and Cabaret show since none of us had ever gone to one before. I didn't really know what to expect, but I kind of figured it was for adult audiences since it was 18+, lol. It was actually really fun and the host was hilarious and drunk, which made things even funnier. 

But yeah, that's what's been going on lately. I've been sleep deprived for too long. D: I still have a test next Monday and another paper due next Tuesday, so it looks like it's going to be a long weekend as well. :/

No comments:

Post a Comment