Tuesday, April 6, 2021

FEB: Visiting Parents, Cheat Day Meal, Hanging Out with Friends, Hair Donation, and New Look

February was a short but impactful month.

I started off the month by visiting the parents during the first week. Mom made a feast for the whole weekend as usual. Meanwhile, dad had us in stitches with his hilarious stories.

The next weekend was Valentine’s Day. Shelle and Kyle had a great idea to change up the holiday by eating our favorite shitty guilty pleasure restaurants that the others don’t like to eat from instead of ordering a fancy meal from a fancy restaurant. For example, Shelle loves Taco Bell but doesn’t eat it often because Kyle hates it, and Kyle loves Krystals, but Shelle and I hate it, so we never eat there. I didn’t have any restaurants that either of them particularly hated, so I chose Chic-fil-a since we stopped supporting them a long time ago (I also really missed their spicy sriracha sauce lol). However, Valentine’s Day was so hateful to fall on a Sunday, so my plans were ruined lol. I opted for McDonald’s instead since we rarely eat there anymore. Lol it was an eventful day running around doing errands and picking up our meals at three different restaurants. 

The next Saturday, we made plans to hangout at Archana’s apartment since half of the group still hasn’t seen it yet. I even went over early to go on a walk with Archana since half of the group didn’t want to do it lol. However, on the day of, Jack and Erin dipped out, and Ebony was going to be late because Liv wasn’t taking a nap on time. I was disappointed because I had brought a lot of stuff to give everyone that has been accumulating since the start of the pandemic. Like, I had made these skincare and makeup baggies for everyone and had a kid’s book for Jack’s kids and the random cat CBD pills for Erin. 

Anyway, Archana and I ate a giant meal, attempted to take a nap but read instead, and hungout until Ebony and her family arrived. Then, I had to drive down to Warner Robins to visit the parents in time for dinner since Shelle and Kyle drove down the night before.

We spent the weekend eating way too much food again and doing errands for the parents.

Then, that following Wednesday, I finally got a haircut! I have been wanting to donate my hair for a couple of months now since it was so long, but I kept on putting it off. This was mainly because I would go through bouts where I wanted to chop it off because I wanted a change and to keep it long because it looked really nice and healthy lol. However, the week before, I had finally made up my mind to be more proactive about my health and image, so I called multiple places and scheduled appointments to have my annual physical, annual pap smear, ear and nose surgery, and hair donation so I couldn’t keep procrastinating.

The first appointment was to donate my hair. I let my hair stylist do whatever she wanted to the rest of my hair after I told her I wanted it to be as short near shoulder height, and I loved it! I just didn’t expect having shorter hair made me look younger lol. I looked like a high schooler with my casual outfit lol. 

She first showed me my hair as it would be normally since it’s always straight. Then, she curled it to show my how I could dress it up. It looked really nice! I was very satisfied with my new haircut.

A few days later, Tawanda, Tiet, and her fiancé came over to hangout. It was BYOD (bring your own dinner) since everyone was coming over after work, and then Shelle made fruit crepes for dessert, so we were stuffed after the meal. Overall, it was a fun night.

So yeah, February was nice and busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment