Monday, October 31, 2022

Shows I'm Currently Watching: I'm the Villainess, So I'm Taming the Final Boss; Chainsaw Man; Love in Contract; The Masked Singer; Haikyuu!! To the Top

Happy Halloween! I'm surprised people are trick-or-treating on a Monday night instead of this past weekend though.

Anyway, I haven't done one of these posts in a while! Thought I'd talk about the current shows I'm watching and some of the shows I recently finished watching. :)

CURRENTLY WATCHING: 

I'm the Villainess, So I'm Taming the Final Boss

The summary sounded really familiar to a manga series I read a year or two ago. I couldn't remember the title for the life of me, but I was pretty sure this was the same series, so of course I had to watch it and make sure I was right lol. And I was! 

I really liked the manga, but it ended after 3 volumes, so there wasn't much content after the first arc. The manga is based on the light novel, but I couldn't find any completed translations at the time, so I left it at that. Luckily, after watching the first few episodes, I remembered the plot and knew that this was the same series I read a while ago! This is great news because now I can watch what happens next instead of searching for the light novel translations lol!

Anyway, the plot is great. I love how Aileen is working her hardest to change her fate and the fate of the game. The "protagonists" of the otome game are hella sus though. I really wonder if Lilia is also reborn or a transmigrator, or if that's just her naively trying to fix the world. Guess I'll find out in the upcoming episodes! But Prince Cedric is fucking disgusting and delusionally self-centered. Really hate him.


Chainsaw Man

I didn't know much about Chainsaw Man except for that the manga was super popular and that the covers made it look like the plot was super bloody and action-y. After watching the first episode, that's all I needed to know. 

(You just need to know that Denji and Pochita are the most wholesome found family you can get, okay?! I didn't expect to have so many feelings in just the first episode!)

I can see why there was so much hype about this anime adaptation. The action, the characters, the cinematography, the music...everything was awesome! Also, saw that this was produced by Mappa and knew that the series was in good hands lol. Can't wait to see where this series goes. I'm sure I'll end up reading the manga after it's finished airing lol.


Love in Contract

I was interested in watching this because I saw a clip of the first episode on IG where Park Min Young was being an absolute boss speaking in English. First, I love Park Min Young. Second, I loved how all of the comments were about her putting her English lessons from her other role in What's Wrong with Secretary Kim into action lol. 

Anyway, Shelle and I started watching it last week and have been invested in the male lead's mysteriousness. Obviously, the show is trying to depict him in an evil light, but he's the male lead, so I doubt it. However, I didn't expect to see the mom in Extraordinary Attorney Woo to also be in this drama! I really like her confident/arrogant persona.


The Masked Singer Season 3

Started watching this again because my parents came up to visit the other weekend. My dad likes watching the show, so this is one of the ways we bond whenever they visit lol. Every episode, I’m constantly reminded that I don’t know that many celebrities lol.


Haikyuu!! To the Top

Had to take a break watching season 4 because Alec and I went on vacation and caught Covid, but now that we’re better, we’ve started watching Haikyu again. I forgot how addicting the sets were!

We’re almost finished with the season! I know it won’t cover the entire arc, so I was excited for the next season. However, it looks like they’re compressing the rest of the series into two final movies. A bit sad since they’ll be skipping a lot of content. Guess I’ll need to read the manga after all lol.


FINISHED:

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? III

I recently started reading the light novels again, so I reread volume 11 and found out that season 3 of the anime was based on this arc. Obviously, after I finished reading the arc, I had to watch it in anime form because the fight scenes described in the books were already exciting enough! I couldn't wait for the final showdown! And the anime didn't let me down! It was as thrilling as the books! 

There were a couple of small differences from the book, but nothing drastic, so it was nice to know that they were sticking to the source material pretty well!


Skeleton Knight in Another World

I wasn’t expecting this anime to start off so graphically. It’s similar to Goblin Slayer in terms of dark themes and fantasy setting, but it’s more lighthearted in comparison since there’s a cute fox spirit around that looks suspiciously like a green Vulpix lol. It’s not a terrible anime, but it’s also not groundbreaking either. I’ve been watching this casually in between reading books and working out.

There's enough loose ends to have a second season, so I wouldn't mind watching the it if there is a second season.


Run-On

Started watching this a few weeks ago with Shelle when I came back home after recovering from Covid. She started it when I was in the middle of a webnovel, but I couldn’t tear my eyes away from the show and knew that I was addicted lol.

I really like the main character Mi Joo. She’s so articulate and understands herself so well. The male lead took a minute to like because I couldn’t understand him that well in the first episode. However, I appreciate that he’s not the typical tall, cold, and handsome male lead like in most Kdramas. He’s a legit weirdo and some stuff he says really can make people think he’s arrogant even though he doesn’t mean it.

The episodes are over an hour long, so that was surprising. So much happened in every episode! However, I was kind of disappointed with the ending, especially with the dad.

But the side couple was interesting. This was my first drama watching SooYoung acting, and I really like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment