Thursday, December 16, 2021

Shows I'm Currently Watching: Hellbound, SVT in the SOOP, The World's Finest Assassin Gets Reincarnated in Another World as an Aristocrat, Fire Force, The Witcher

It's been a couple of months since I made one of these posts. This is mainly because I wasn't really watching anything consistently enough to blog about it lol. However, I seem to have gotten out of my anime slump and am starting to watch anime again! :)

CURRENTLY WATCHING:

Hellbound

I started watching this show with my dad and bro during Thanksgiving. My dad was a big fan of Squid Games, and I kept on hearing rave reviews about how Hellbound was just as good as Squid Games, so I thought my dad would like this show. He fell asleep lol. I think it was too slow for him, so we only made it through the first half before calling it a night. I'm interested in what happens in the second half though, so I'm going to finish this show on my own soon. The concept is completely different from other shows, and I liked how most of the characters were morally gray with their own agendas. You didn't know what they were going to do or why they were doing things.


SVT in the SOOP

This is a Seventeen reality show where they spend a week in the SOOP after talking to the crew about what they'd like to do during a break, so they get to relax and try out new experiences or hobbies. It's an incredibly relaxing show, but because it's Seventeen, it's also pretty hilarious just because of the members' antics lol. I bought the episodes a few months back, and Shelle and I finally started watching it recently now that all of the episodes are out.


The World's Finest Assassin Gets Reincarnated in Another World as an Aristocrat

I wasn't sleepy one night, so I decided to try a new anime just to keep me preoccupied for a few episodes before I lost interest like I have been recently with anime. I've been in an anime slump for most of the year, I think. Based on the summary, I thought it'd be your typical overpowered protagonist isekai harem anime, and it basically is true. But for some reason, I couldn't stop watching each episode until I got tired around 2 AM. Then, I caught up to the latest episode the next day and hated how I just had to start watching an ongoing series lol. 

There's something about this anime that sets it apart from all of the other OP isekai anime, and I think it's the mature and solemn tone based on having an older protagonist before he crossed over to the new world. He actually continues to act wise and responsible even as a young kid and isn't easily flustered because he wasn't a shut-in or otaku in his previous life like a lot of other isekai protagonists. 

Also, his harem members are also surprisingly mature and considerate. There's no infighting or ridiculous selfish requests while the protagonist remains completely clear that he doesn't see the girls in that way. He's not oblivious nor is he encouraging of their feelings. This is unheard of in a male protagonist! 


Fire Force

While watching to watch the previous two anime, I decided to start another anime series lol. I wanted to watch something completed and something that I could watch on my own since I kept on waking up super early in the morning with no mood to go back to sleep or read anything. My solution was to watch Fire Force lol. It's been on my to watch list for a while, and I knew season 2 had finished airing last year, so I didn't have to worry about it being an ongoing series. 

It was a bit of a slow start as you start to understand the world's history of Infernals and Shinra's tragic backstory while also getting to know his new Special Fire Force team. But after that, the plot starts shining through, and you're suddenly halfway through the first season. At least that happened to me lol.

Also, Arthur is such an idiot lol. The more knightly he feels, the stronger he is lmao. But also same; I, too, fall asleep when confronted with paperwork!


The Witcher Season 1

Season 2 comes out tomorrow, so I wanted to rewatch season 1 to remember all of the details before I binged the new season. I'm halfway through, and I'm so glad I decided to rewatch the show, because I forgot SO MANY things lol. Also forgot just how interconnected everything is. Rewatching the show while already knowing the major plot points definitely had me paying attention to little details that I'm sure I missed the first time round. 

I can't wait for season 2! :D


FINISHED:

School Babysitters

Saw this on my to watch list on Crunchyroll and remembered how much my friend, Jackie, loved it when it came out years ago. I decided to watch it one night in the living room, since I was in the mood for something fluffy while waiting for the Assassin anime to update. I ended up getting Shelle hooked on it, too, lol. Then, I had to wait for when she was free to continue watching the episodes lol. 

We just finished the anime, and I freaking LOVE Kotaro. He's so cute and clingy! He's so cute just standing there holding a book waiting for his brother to read to him! All of the kids are so cute! I love their little antics lol. 

If you want to watch something that makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside, I would definitely recommend this anime. Apparently, the manga it's based on is still ongoing, so I might pick that up after we finish the anime.


Haikyuu!! 3rd Season

I got back into Haikyuu!! because Shelle and Kyle were watching it while they were working out lol. We recently finished the third season, which was all about Karasuno vs. Shiratorizawa, and IT WAS SO GOOD! God, the character growth! The ever evolving tricks and tactics! Tsukishima and Yamaguchi were so ready to unleash all of their potential! The super reliable third years! Hinata and Kageyama's antics! Shiratorizawa's Ace and future Ace! Every set was nerve-wracking! The teamwork!

I ONLY KNOW HOW TO TYPE LIKE THIS TO EXPRESS MY COMPLETE EXCITMENT OVER THE WHOLE SEASON!

Can't wait to start the next season soon! We're just distracted by all of our current shows and life in general at the moment! But once we have more time to binge, you know we're gonna start season 4!

No comments:

Post a Comment