Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Book Review: I’ll Have My Seatmate Beat You by 靠靠

Title: I’ll Have My Seatmate Beat You
Author: 靠靠
Chapters: 66 chapters + 2 extras
Publication: 2019
Summary from Novel Updates:

Poor little top student was bullied by his school, so he transferred from an elite high school to an ordinary school.

School tyrant · 1.9 meters · no one dare to provoke · Brother Zhan: I cover this little brother.

Poor little · 1.7 meters · Gu Qinan: Zhan Ge is just a child. He’s poor, weak, helpless, kind and soft(hearted), I need to love him well.

Everyone: ???

Class teacher: Zhan Ming, what kind of score is this?!

Zhan Ming: I’ll have my seatmate teach me.

Former classmates: Gu Qinan, don’t think we won’t be able to find you just because you transferred.

Gu Qinan: I’ll have my seatmate beat you.

4 STARS - I REALLY LIKED IT

MY REVIEW: 

This book made my heart ache so many times, but then I was hit was fluff and laughter because of the characters' antics lol.

Gu Qinan had to transfer schools due to excessive bullying. His gradual transformation from a gloomy, quiet kid to a confident and curious little baby was heartbreaking but satisfying. Nurtured by Zhan Ming's trust and his friend group's easy-going friendship, Gu Qinan was like a sunflower that was meant to bloom into the most dazzling flower. It was such a great experience watching him confidently confronting people later on!

Zhan Ming's family issues were also heartbreaking. He had to mature at a young age and tried to make things easier for his family among his grief and disappointment in them, but nothing ever seems to make them happy. I felt so bad for him near the end because it's obvious that he's stifling his own happiness because he thinks it's better for Gu Qinan. He's so used to quietly suffering instead of inconveniencing others :(

The villains are disgusting, and you'll hate them from the get-go. I really hate his previous bullies. I feel like there should have been more revenge taken against them honestly.

However, I love his friend group. Because one of them has a crush, Zhan Ming has so many scandals lol. And Lin Xiaobin is so dense, it's hilarious! He just keeps on missing the clues lmao.

There's a webtoon that's currently ongoing, so I'm going to start reading that as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment