Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Ellijay Cabin Trip

Haven't posted in a because life got busy. Then, it was the holidays, so I decided to take a break lol. However, I definitely wanted to talk about the cabin trip that happened a few weeks ago! A lot of my recent preoccupation stemmed from the cabin trip! Basically, I started dating again lol. 

I wasn't sure if anything was going to happen since he was super slow and cautious about hanging out for MONTHS, so I didn't know if he was actually trying to do anything or if I was overthinking for the longest time lol. Plus, I didn't know if I could get over the friendship hurdle since we've been friends since high school. Obviously, I got over it, or else we wouldn't be together now. 

Anyway, I was super hesitant about going on this cabin trip with his friends the closer it got to the date, because I couldn't figure out my feelings and because he hadn't said anything. But the group chat kept on blowing up with plans for the trip, and I felt bad about flaking last minute, so I went on the trip lol. Good thing I did, or else who knows when I would have gotten any answers from him lol.

Thursday, November 11: 
  • He picked me up from my house and had a quick tour of the house
  • We went on an adventure trying to find South City Kitchen to have lunch and meet up with everyone else who carpooled in a separate car. The restaurant was located downtown, but it was super confusing trying to get on the right road because of all of the construction redirections 
  • Drove for another hour to Ellijay 
  • Went to a coffeehouse to kill time since check-in wasn't for another few hours
  • Walked around downtown and went into this soup store that had really friendly workers. Their policy is to give soap samples to all of their customers who come in so that they don't walk away empty handed. I was noseblind from smelling everything, so I let Tas choose something for me lol
  • Finally checked into the cabin, which was huge and full of bear paraphernalia lol
  • Since Alec won the tickets to the cabin trip, we were given the owner's suite, which was pretty big with a nice bathroom and had doors to the cabin, so we can checkout the awesome view anytime!
  • Went on a Wal-Mart run to get groceries and snacks and got rained on when we left the store
  • Used the grill to make burgers and ended up watching Dextor's Laboratory: Ego Trip in 4K on YouTube because we were so surprised to find it for free and in 4K lol
  • Everyone went into the hot tub except for me because I forgot to pack it, so I sat on the side and played Hades and laughed at everyone who got attacked by the jets lmao
  • The original plan was to watch a horror movie, but we forgot about that after watching the Old trailer and watched that instead
  • Went to bed. Since everyone else was a couple, Alec and I shared the giant King bed lol

Friday, November 12: 
  • Kept on waking up super early in the morning. I think it was a combination of unfamiliar bed, too hot under the blankets, and because Alec got up a few times to use the bathroom kept on waking me up after 4AM. Lol we both were suddenly wide awake and were on our phones trying to fall asleep.
  • Watched Alec make breakfast before getting ready to go on a hike 
  • Drove to the hiking spot but ended up at a parking lot near the middle of nowhere, so we went to another place called Tumbling Waters Nature Trail. It was so beautiful! 
  • Saw a lot of deer near our cabin when we came back. This is because we left a lot of deer food near the driveway after we left in the morning lol
  • Rested and got ready to go drive an hour away to Dalton to eat an early dinner at Cherokee Brewery & Pizza and then go to a circus show afterwards, both of which were really good!
  • Originally planned to make s'mores outside at the firepit, but changed our minds to making s'mores at the fireplace in the living room instead since it was so cold lol
  • Watched Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping based on John and Kelly's recommendation but started falling asleep near the end because I was so tired. We went to bed afterwards since everyone was knocking out
  • About to fall asleep in bed when Alec pokes me in the back and asked if I wanted to cuddle. I'm like half awake and didn't care anymore, so I was like "fuck it, let's see where this goes" and agree. He put his arm around me, and then I was wide awake while he was falling asleep. 
  • Since I couldn't sleep, I asked him if he would ask to cuddle anyone. He said no. So I asked why he asked to cuddle me, and he said it was because I was comfortable. Then, I asked him the whole "What are we doing" question, but he was still groggy, so I had to ask him multiple times until I hit him on the head with a pillow for him to take it seriously. Then, we had a long talk about our feelings and hesitations and the impact a relationship would have on our friend group. We didn't sleep until 3AM :)

Saturday, November 13: 
  • Even though we went to sleep super late, we both woke up super early again and cuddled for a while before we got to see a magnificent view outside from the balcony
  • Ate a quick breakfast before getting ready to go ziplining in Blue Ridge! It was so fun! But also a really steep walk just to get to the towers. I was too scared of dropping my phone from such tall heights and standing on a small ledge to take it out for pictures lol. Our guides were also super hilarious and fun, which made the experience even better!
  • Went to downtown Blue Ridge for lunch but found out that all of the restaurants had 2+ hour long waits, so we decided to eat desserts at this dessert shop that won during one of the seasons of Cupcake Wars as a snack and have an early dinner when we get back to the cabins
  • Went back and napped with Alec because all of the girls fell asleep in the car on the drive back lol
  • Watched and supported Alec cooking chicken fajitas for dinner lol
  • Watched a bunch of YouTube videos before calling it a night since everyone was falling asleep on the couches
  • Alec and I stayed up late again talking. We decided to try going out and seeing where it goes

Sunday, November 14: 
  • Checkout was at 11AM, but we took too long cooking breakfast and eating, so management came by to basically kick us out lol
  • We frantically finished packing and cleaning up in 20 minutes and made plans to meet up at the nearest Starbucks to get drinks before going home. However, we got to Starbucks and found out that their menu was basically out of everything except for the basic coffees, so we decided to go to another coffeeshop 20 minutes away
  • Almost didn't go to that coffeeshop because we saw Confederate flags in the parking lot lol. Luckily we did because it was a chill coffeeshop that had some card games you could play. We played two rounds of Exploding Kittens and burned a lot of bridges the whole time lol
  • Then, we all headed home. Since it was still early, Alec stayed for a couple of hours and ate dinner with us before going back home

I actually didn't take that many pics during this trip. I'm pretty surprised. 

But yeah, a lot happened during this trip. I'm really glad I went. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment