Monday, November 15, 2021

OCT: Digital Detox Prelude Fail, Visiting the Parents, Weddings, Getting Sick, & Signs

This month didn't go like how I'd planned, but it's okay. When does everything ever go to plan?

The first Saturday of the month, Shelle forced me to run errands with her. First, we went to her dentist appointment early in the morning. However, we were running late, and by the time I realized that I forgot my phone at home, we were already halfway there and couldn't turn back. My driver's license was also with my phone, so I didn't want to drive home in Shelle's car without my license either. 

What's funny was that a week ago, Archana and I were talking about having a digital detox weekend sometime in December so that we can get off our phones and read some of our physical books instead. So, I decided to start a prelude to that digital detox that Saturday since I didn't have my phone on me. The only problem was that I started reading a REALLY good esports web novel the night before and wanted to continue reading while Shelle was at her appointment, so I immediately failed my digital detox prelude by reading my webnovel on Shelle's phone lol.

However, I didn't really need my phone though for the rest of the morning and afternoon since we were shopping. We were trying to find dresses to wear for an upcoming wedding, but I couldn't find any that I liked. :( By the time we finally got home, I was paralyzed from exhaustion. But! I also got a nice pair of boots to replace my old ones that were falling apart lol.

The next weekend, Shelle and Kyle went to Asheville to get tattoos, so I drove down to visit the parents by myself. I also drove to Macon to visit Jackie at work to get measured for my bridesmaid dress for her wedding next year. I stuck around until closing to hangout with Jackie and catch up since it's been a while. Lol she's so funny. She really hates her coworker who was with her that day, so she kept on making all of these smartass comments. XD

The next Sunday was our distant cousins' wedding from our grandma's side. We hadn't seen most of our family members from that side since before the pandemic so it was nice seeing everyone. I can't believe how grown up some of the kids were! I swear they were only 5 not long ago! It was also really great to see our grandparents. Apparently my grandpa just recovered from Covid, and my grandma also just recovered from being sick, too. They looked so old and tired. :(

The next couple of days, I started getting a sore throat and coughing, which was terrible because Archana and I were supposed to fly out to California Thursday night. We made plans around two months ago to go to skydiving in California to celebrate our birthdays! We also made plans to go to camping at Yosemite and go to a comedy show! We planned so much only for me to get really sick the day before we left. 

Luckily, it was just a cold. I took a rapid test to see if it was Covid, but it turned out negative. The doctor prescribed me steroids and some other medicine if my coughing didn't go away, so I was taking a bunch of medicine for the next week and a half.

But yeah, I decided to not go to California since I couldn't stop coughing. I can't even imagine how bad my coughing would be when I got on a plane and breathed all of the dry air in there lol. I tried to convince Archana to go without me since we already booked so many things, but she and Suhas called multiple sites and were able to get refunds or cancel our reservations, so everything panned out okay.

Archana actually talked to her mom about cancelling the trip, and her mom consoled her by telling her maybe it was a sign to not go. We joked about that saying that the universe doesn't want us to travel this year lol. But then there was news of a bomb cyclone in North California that affected a lot of people! And then I was like, "Huh, maybe your mom was right. We weren't meant to go to Cali yet lol."

I also got better by the end of the next week, which is probably the fastest time I've ever recovered from a cold. Must be all of the drugs lol. I got better just in time for the parents to come up to pick up dad's new car that he's been looking for the past few months. Shelle and Kyle stayed with Dad to do all of the paperwork while I drove mom around to pick up food for lunch. Then we met up with everyone at home to have a late lunch.

I had already made plans to go to Archana's birthday dinner at Aziza that night, so I had to get ready pretty early, since it was a long drive. Since Shelle and Kyle were also going to a wedding at night, mom and dad decided to go home early since we agreed to come down and visit them next weekend lol.

Archana's birthday dinner was really fun. I got to see everyone from work and Lee Ann, Archana's manager who recently left the company, for the first time in a while. We kept on making plans to hangout throughout the year, but we kept on cancelling or moving dates around because we were busy. It only took Archana's birthday to make us come out lol. But I finally got to try Turkish coffee! Archana and I tried to find this popular Turkish coffee cart when we were in New York in May, but we couldn't find it, so it's hilarious that we got to try it months later when we weren't expecting to find it.

Overall, it was a fun night. I'm glad I got to catch up with everyone. We also made plans to have game night at Lee Ann's place next month, so I'm excited for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment