Thursday, July 29, 2021

JUNE: Cousin Visit, Visit the Parents, BTS Concert, Dentist Appointment, Father's Day Present, Potential Root Canal, Cabin Trip

June was a busy month! It flew by so quickly!

My cousin, Leanne, spent the night during the first week of June. Last time she and her husband came, she was convinced by Shelle to get her hair dyed again, so she scheduled an appointment with Shelle's hairdresser and spent the night at our place since it was over late at night. We chilled and hungout with her the next day until Michael called and asked her when she was coming back since he was sad that he couldn't come over, too, lol.

The next weekend, we went down to visit the parents and did the usual: hungout with the parents, stuffed ourselves with food, and ran around doing random errands. 

A few weeks ago, Tawanda texted us and asked if we wanted to watch a repeat of BTS's online concert, so we were like, "Sure, why not?" So the next Friday, Tawanda came over wearing her Army merch and lightstick to watch the concert in our theater. She even apologized in advanced for her behavior lol. It was really fun! I liked their stages and energy on stage! I'm glad there were English subs, so we knew what they were talking about lol.

The next day, I woke up early to get breakfast with Shelle and Kyle. Shelle had an early morning dentist appointment, and Kyle came with her since they were going to run errands afterwards, so I agreed to meet up with them at J. Christopher's for breakfast. We had enough time to go to 2nd & Charles afterwards before I went to my dentist appointment.

Prior to my dentist appointment, I noticed that my teeth would sometimes hurt when I bit down on the top right side of my mouth, but I didn't think it was a big deal since it only occasionally hurt. Then, two weeks before my dentist appointment, it started hurting more every time I chewed on that side, and my teeth would ache if I drank anything cold. I told my dental assistant about this during my appointment, so she took a lot of x-rays and said that a part of my tooth chipped off and got infected. 

My dentist looked further and said that the x-rays couldn't show if the tooth decay reached my nerves or not, but if it did, I would need a root canal. If it didn't reach my nerves, I would just need a cavity filling. However, we were going to treat it as a worst-case scenario and schedule a root canal appointment asap, and if it was a false alarm, then I would only need 30 minutes during our next appointment. So I scheduled my appointment for two weeks later, since we had already made plans to spend the next week at my parents' house as a Father's Day present.

The next day, we packed up our bags and work stuff, and headed down to spend the week with my parents and worked remotely down there. It was nice eating mom's cooking every day, especially since she was excited to cook so much food for us. She always likes cooking big meals but doesn't do it often anymore since it's just her and Brian at home most of the time, so she really liked cooking big dishes for us and having everyone eating meals together again. Lol even though we said it was a Father's Day present, it was really an excuse for mom since she said that she wanted to have us spend a week with them just so she could cook a lot of food.

We came back the following Sunday night with a bunch of food from mom.

That Tuesday, Shelle drove me to get my root canal. Originally, I was supposed to be put under laughing gas if we needed to proceed with the surgery, so I wanted to have Shelle with me to drive me home and get my medicine, but I actually didn't need her because they decided to use local anesthesia instead. 

After my dentist cleaned out the tooth decay, she said that I would need the root canal after all, so they numbed my gums with some gel, then gave me some numbing shots, and did a bunch of drilling and things in my mouth. The surgery was three hours long, and my mouth was starting to get feeling again towards the end when my dental assistant put in my crown. My mouth was aching while waiting for the painkillers to kick in. But overall, it wasn't too bad. My mouth was just numb and swollen for a while. 

However, that night, my top lip became swollen like I had an allergic reaction. But I don't know what caused it! Luckily, the swelling went down in the afternoon the next day because I was going to meet up with my friends at night lol.

You can read about my cabin trip here. It was super fun and relaxing!

No comments:

Post a Comment