Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Webnovel Review: FOG by Man Man He Qi Duo

Title: FOG
Author: Man Man He Qi Duo
Chapters: 132 chapters + 4 extras
Publication: 2019
Summary from Novel Updates:

Yu Sui and Shi Luo met each other when they were much younger. One was a pro-gamer, a widely-renowned, best of the best, in-game medic. The other was an e-sports newcomer who was just starting out. The two originally played for the same team, during which their relationship became increasingly deep.

But things did not go as expected. Yu Sui went to Europe and Shi Luo changed his in-game job to become a striker. The two belonged to different teams and different divisions, with oceans between them, each doing wonderfully …

They had become two tigers on separate mountains. The last thing anyone expected was for Yu Sui to return to the domestic league two years later. There was no way to avoid it and the two met once again.

5 STARS - I LOVED IT

MY REVIEW: 

I have been waiting to read this for over a year since this book first started being translated. I could have easily machine translated it, but I thought it would be worth the wait to understand all of the little  details and slang with real translations. And I was right. It was worth the wait, especially learning about the Bury Love subculture lmao. 

Anyway, this book was SO GOOD. The first third of the book was full of tension and heartache which gradually turned to anger as you find out what happened two years ago. I didn't expect an eSports novel to put me in such an emotional wringer so early in the book. I even debated on going back to reread the beginning to understand Shi Lou's complex mood after I found out what happened but decided not to because I didn't want to go through the angst again lol. What happens afterwards just made everything sweeter though. 

Shi Lou's such a tsundere, and Yu Sui's way too good at coaxing and teasing him! There was dog food sprinkled throughout almost every chapter, which was great. I loved that they both were always trying to take better care for each other because they thought that what they were doing now wasn't enough. 

I also really liked the side characters and their FS team in general. Their ritual of roasting each other right before a match was always hilarious, and I thought it was hilariously realistic how they always pit each other and roast each other to their faces but will talk nicely about each other behind their backs. Their poor manager was always getting whiplash because of their abnormal thinking patterns lmao. 

I also want to mention that the side account incident will probably be in the top 5 most cringey secondhand embarrassment incidents I have ever read about!  

No comments:

Post a Comment