Friday, May 7, 2021

Mini Reviews: This Time, I Will Definitely Be Happy!; Asatte ni Kiss; I'll Like You More Tomorrow

Title: This Time, I Will Definitely Be Happy!
Author: Saiki Riko & Fujimaru Mamenosuke
Chapters: 26.5 chapters 
Publication: 2017
Summary from Manga Updates:

“Wait for me, Louisa.”

Those were the words that the hero, Graham, said to me before he set off to defeat the demon king. Graham who is both my childhood friend and lover. But, I have no intention of waiting. In fact, I have the memories of my past three lives, and in all past three lives, I have been the hero’s childhood friend and lover. However, all past three heroes always found other women and never came back to me! That’s why I will no longer waste my time waiting for the hero to come back, this time I will definitely be happy!

3 STARS - I LIKED IT

MY REVIEW: 

Based on the summary, I was expecting a romcom about a girl getting over her hero ex, but I was mislead. 

The first volume is exactly like as how the summary states: After the her lover leaves to go on his hero journey to defeat the demon king, Louisa immediately packs up and leaves for the capital to forget about Graham and try to live her life to the fullest with a new job and new friends. However, there's a lot of foreshadowing in her dreams that she can't figure out, and the biggest surprise is that Graham comes back for her! She's confused and trying to figure out what to do as more surprising events unfold. 

I loved that this manga is a different take on so many genres and tropes like reincarnation, what happens after you defeat the demon lord, politics, and more. Also, that epilogue was perfect. I couldn't have wished for a more happy ending because they deserved it!


Title: Asatte ni Kiss
Author: Fumikawa Jimi
Chapters: 5chapters 
Publication: 2017
Summary from Manga Updates:

Hase Akihisa was bullied for being an otaku, the chance to change his appearance and start anew in a different school appeared when his father had to transfer.

Going around the school, he found a volume of his favorite manga and got so entranced he didn't notice the owner of the manga, Onoozuka Yuu, was right there and saw him on full otaku mode. Akihisa thought he had blown his cover but Yuu was unexpectedly nice to him and they soom became friends.

All was well until Akihisa became puzzled by the fact Yuu would randomly kiss him without saying anything.

4 STARS - I REALLY LIKED IT

MY REVIEW: 

This was so cute! I loved how Akki kept on complimenting and accidentally making Yuu fall for him with his genuine sincerity and cute faces. His absolute obliviousness was hilarious. Poor Yuu didn't stand a chance.


Title: I'll Like You More Tomorrow
Author: Ina
Chapters: 3 chapters 
Publication: 2017
Summary from Manga Updates:

After being placed in a different class from his usual group of friends, all Do Jihwan wants is to spend an uneventful and quiet year in school. That plan goes down in shambles upon meeting one Kang Chanyoung, a popular and up-to-beat guy who has no qualms in saying what’s on his mind.

4 STARS - I REALLY LIKED IT

MY REVIEW: 

This was super cute and super short! I love how Kang Chanyoung slowly wore Do Jihwan down with his friendship at first. The art is nice, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment