Thursday, November 12, 2020

SEPT: Home Alone, Going Away Lunch, Cleaning Off My Desk, Visit the Parents, Dentist Visit, Work Stress

September flew by. It was a busy month for me at work, which is probably why I don't remember much about the month lol.

I was actually home alone for Labor Day weekend since Shelle and Kyle went to their friend's jointed bachelor/bachelorette party at the beach that weekend. It's been a while since I was home by myself, and I quickly realized how quiet the house can get, so I started playing music everywhere lol. 

I watched #Alive, the new Korean zombie movie on Netflix, which was so good. While most zombie movies are set up with a large environment traveling across large areas, #Alive does that opposite and is set in the main character's apartment where he stays home in isolation. I definitely recommend you watch it, especially because it really showed the anxiety, restlessness, and fear you felt when you first started quarantining at home. 

I also started and almost finished watching Go Ahead, a Cdrama about found families and the people who try to use family as an excuse to be terrible people. I saw a couple of funny gifsets of the show on Tumblr and was interested once I recognized the two male leads. Then, I found the show with official subs on YouTube and figured it was time to watch it. I think I spent the majority of that Saturday marathoning the show lol. It's just so good, and you really feel for all of the characters. Li Jian Jian's dad is the absolute best and deserves the world. Meanwhile, Ling Xiao's mom is the most selfish, manipulative woman I've ever seen, and I wished she got a worse ending because she deserved it. Anyway, I highly recommend it lol.

Two weeks after Brian announced that he was leaving our team at work, Kait also announced that she was leaving. :( I mean, I don't blame her. She wasn't sure if she was going to be converted to full-time since we still had a hiring freeze, and another company reached out and recruited her. Ironically, it's down the street from our office, so we can still get lunch and see each other. But we had a going away lunch for her at Cinco's since there's outside seating. It was good to see the team since it's been over 6 months since we've all seen each other in person lol. It still sucked that Kait was leaving because that just left Anita and me in our instructional design team, which meant more responsibilities. 

Our company also recently announced that in preparation for whenever we come back to the offices, we'd need to sign up to clean off our desks so that there's nothing but the essentials on the top of our desks. This is so that it'd be easier for the cleaners to clean our desks every week. We had to sign up for a specific date and time for our floors to make sure that we're maintaining social distancing, so our team signed up for a Thursday morning and afternoon so that we could see each other for lunch that day.

Ebony and I signed up for the morning session, so we met up with Erin there and cleaned off our desks while I attended a call on my phone lol. I also cleaned out my snack drawer, which had a lot of expired snacks and even a drink. -__-" We met up with Zach for Bezoria's at the mall because we all missed it since we've been working from home. Jack and Anita ended up not coming because they weren't feeling so good, but it was still good to catch up and eat familiar food that we didn't have to cook! 

That weekend, we went down to visit the parents. Mom cooked up a feast as usual, and dad told us the funny story about how he ate an early dinner at five with mom the other week. He did some yard work afterwards and when he tried to go to bed later, he stayed awake until two because he was so hungry, so he made ramen and finally went to bed lol. That Saturday, mom made hotpot and we ate it early around five as well, so we joked about saving the soup and leftovers for 2AM like dad lol. Surprisingly, around midnight, we were still full, but you know, you can't say no to mom's cooking... so we ended up heating up the leftovers and putting a packet of ramen noodles in it after all. It was delicious. :D

The following Monday, I went to an oral surgery to get a wisdom teeth removal consultation because I've been putting it off long enough and my teeth were starting to hurt on and off more consistently lately. I had an x-ray done, and they said that they were going to need to take out all four teeth, and I was just like, take it out all at once. Why suffer two times when I can suffer once lmao. So I scheduled the surgery to take place in two weeks in October. 

Post surgery me has to say that I just want to eat spicy food! Food doesn't taste the same when it's not spicy! Also, my lower jaw just aches all the time randomly. It's so weird.

Anyway, work got busy ever since Brian and Kait left. They both specialized in two different fields: Brian in video editing and Kait in LMS administration. Now that they're both gone, Anita and I need to do both, and it's so much. I've got an endless list of videos I need to edit and upload onto our LMS. 

It doesn't help that I've been slacking off on the AVO series because everything else was urgent before it, but then Irene said that Carlos wanted weekly video updates from me to review the content, so I was stressed. Like, for one reason, the video recordings are 8+ hours long. Just trying to edit and render a video was causing my laptop to lag hardcore. The other reason was that I needed to pull a video out of my ass asap to show them that I did something. Dude, I got so stressed that my eye was twitching for a few days. It was not a fun time. 

Anyway, I'm trying to allocate my time better so that I can get all of these videos published, but man, I hope we can hire someone already! There's too much to do, and I don't like this constant guilt I feel for not finishing all of my work even though I've been pulling overtime.

Lol the first half of September was nice and fun, and then the second half kicked my ass. I guess that's just how life is.

No comments:

Post a Comment