Saturday, August 17, 2019

Shows I'm Currently Watching: Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? II, Titans, The Untamed, & The King's Avatar

I've been watching a lot of anticipated shows for the past few weeks.

CURRENTLY WATCHING:


I wasn't even expecting there to be a sequel out! That's why I've bought and read the light novels for the past few years! But I'm happy that there is a sequel because I already know that there's going to be some awesome battles ahead! Watching the new episodes helps also helps refresh my memory about what happened in the books, which is why I was ready to read volumes 10 and 11 while I was in Copenhagen.

I forgot how much they like to focus on bouncing boobs in the anime, but it's just a small part of the episode, so I don't really mind it.



I've been meaning to watch this since I found out that they was going to be a live action version of Teen Titans. Of course, I should have known that it would be kind of dark like the rest of the DC series are, and the animated version got pretty dark. too. I'm also really loving Beast Boy's and Starfire's characters in here! Gar is such a cute goofball looking out for everyone, and Kori is unapologetically herself even though she doesn't remember herself.

I was watching this on Netflix in Denmark. Now I need to watch it somewhere else since it's not on American Netflix  lol.



The drama is the live action version of The Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation. You know, the donghua (Chinese version of anime) that I fell in love with earlier this year and have been waiting for the second season to come out this year. Well, I randomly found out that there's a live action drama that came out last month and will be finishing up this month and that the second season of the donghua just started last week as well! Great news all around! The only thing that sucks is that due to China's censorship, the true romance pairing will not be shown in either the donghua or drama.

Regardless, the actors in the drama are so good that you can tell from all of the little hints and subtle clues from their facial expressions and actions that they like each other. Ugh, I just forgot how sad it gets for a certain arc; I had to take a break and read a fluffy story to feel better after watching those couple of episodes lol. That's probably what stopped me from reading the novel that its based on because I wasn't ready for all of those sad emotions right after I finished watching the donghua last year. I'm on episode 21 now, and the comments say that the next couple of episodes are also going to be sad, so I'm not sure if my heart can handle this lol. I'm weak. XD I just want the main characters to be happy!



I've been waiting for this drama since last year when they announced that it was being made into a drama! I loved the anime version so much that it got me interested in reading the Chinese novel, but then school got busy, so I had to stop reading for a while. When I got back into it, the website that translated the novel moved to a different website where you had to pay to read each chapter, so I didn't bother catching up since it was hundreds of chapters ahead, and I was poor lol (and there were a lot of side character's who I forgot about). That's why I was super excited to find out that they were making a drama version of this series, and it's actually on Netflix as of yesterday!

I'm about halfway through the series and am loving it! I remembered a lot of the plot since I think I stopped reading around chapter 400, and it has been really fun seeing how everything plays out in live action. Since it's a drama, a lot of the plot differed from the novel like how all of the team members end up meeting at the game cafe so soon, but it's not a bad change as you can see their teamwork grow earlier on.

I'm just kind of annoyed with Chen Guo's character in the drama because I feel like they really made her annoying and stupid for comedic effect. I felt like her realization arc was pretty draggy, especially when she tried to think of making Ye Xui stay.

I am at a part where the plot's surpassed where I last left off in the books, so I'm super excited to see what happens next!

FINISHED:



I watched this on the plane ride to and back from Copenhagen earlier this month, and man was this drama engrossing. It's only six episodes, but shit goes down! You've got a zombie outbreak that everyone's trying to keep hidden, a power hungry minister, a prince with charged with treason, a medic who's trying to save everyone (the actress is my favorite character from Sense 8!), and a guy who's really good at surviving. And a bunch of zombies and really great cinematography. It's so good! I can't wait for the next season to come out!

Koreans are really good at the zombie genre. I highly recommend Train to Busan as well if you're looking for a zombie movie. I think it's still on Netflix, too.



After years of waiting, season two finally came out! This season was created by a different animation studio than the original one, so there were slight differences in character design and animation. The plot was also a lot different compared to the first season. This time, it focused on a lot of new characters with sprinkles of Saitama for comedic effect. I liked and didn't like this aspect since I really like Saitama's character and wanted to see him more, but at the same time, I liked learning about these new characters and seeing how they interacted with Saitama. Lol poor Genos is still too serious but still trying his best, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment