Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Packing, Moving, Unpacking, & Packing Again

Most of July revolved around packing, moving, and unpacking. Then Ebony and I went to Copenhagen for eight days. It was a hectic month.

David started working at his official accounting job on July 1st, so we went out to eat at the Chinese place we like in Kennesaw to celebrate. We tried the Chinese bubble pancakes as an appetizer and really like it!

I decided not to go to Lance and Sam's Fourth of July party on the actual holiday. Instead, David came over on the third and we spent the night watching The Rising of the Shield Hero, which was a really good anime. 

That Friday, I came to pick David up and see his new living situation before we went down to Warner Robins. We decided to get dinner at Bento Box since we've always seen it but ate at the restaurants next to it lol. We had this high schooler as our waiter, who was unintentionally hilarious lol. Half of the things that we wanted to order were out of stock, so every time we'd want to order something, he'd be like "ooh we're out of that" and felt bad since this was our first time there. The food was still good since we ordered takoyaki and different types of bao among other things. 

After that, we went down to celebrate the Fourth of July at Alec's house, where he had a huge BBQ and lots of fireworks like usual. It was great seeing everyone again, and we met Harnish's new girlfriend who got drunk off of the whole bottle of wine that they brought lol. She kept on talking about veganism to Mikey and Jerry even though they had already changed the topic, so Jerry threw her to David to talk about their restaurant jobs. Poor David had to listen to her talk for at least an hour since I abandoned him lol.

After I came back that weekend, it was nonstop packing and moving boxes of stuff to the new house after work. The worst part was the we weren't even done packing by the time the movers came on Saturday morning. So while they were busy loading up their trucks with our furniture and boxes, Shelle and I were packing up the kitchen and office. They came around 10am and didn't leave until 8pm. It was crazy. One wall of the loft was just stacked high with boxes. 

There was a bunch of small stuff left at the old house that we didn't pack, so we spent the next day packing all of that up and moving it to the new house. We had a lot of clothes and furniture to donate, so we had to move all of the clothes for the Vietnam Veterans of America to our front porch and all of the furniture to the garage before we left. I was just glad to finally stop going back and forth from the old house to the new house. 

The next Thursday, Starbucks had a BOGO deal on frappuccinos for Happy Hour, so a bunch of us took a 30 minute break and headed over to the Starbucks at the mall. As we left the mall, we found out that the Amazon Prime Treasure Truck had set up shop in front of the mall entrance and was giving away free energy drinks. So we came back with a bunch of free drinks lol. It was a good day even though we all melted from the heat.


The next week was David and my five year anniversary. We went out to Tuk Tuk to celebrate since I've been wanting to take him there for ages. The food was really good, but I kept embarrassing him in front of our waiter lmao. I had originally wanted the food to be spicy, but then I remembered that he couldn't handle too spicy stuff, so I changed my mind in front of the waiter while David was like no, keep it spicy, it's fine. When the waiter left, he turned to me and was like "you're fucking embarrassing me!" all exasperated lol. Later, the waiter asked if we wanted dessert and started listing their daily specials. David immediately said, "we'll take it" when we heard mango sticky rice, but then I was like, "wait, I want to see the rest of the menu" and embarrassed him again! Lolol. It was a fun night.

The next week, we started hardcore unpacking the house since the parents wanted to come up and visit in a week or two. That was exhausting since we had to upack after we got home every day. 

In between all of the unpacking, I also had to pack for Copenhagen since Ebony and I were leaving that Friday. I'll make a separate post about Copenhagen soon. I've just been lazy about posting since I've been meaning to post all of the pics on Instagram but keep on forgetting to.

No comments:

Post a Comment