Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Shows I'm Currently Watching: The Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime, Men on a Mission, & Guardian

CURRENTLY WATCHING:



It's almost over! There's only four episodes left! D: I've really enjoyed this series because it's not an overly complicated plot, which is nice when you're watching it weekly lol. Most problems are solved within a few episodes, so I'm not dying every week waiting to see what happens next. Regardless, it's a fun series that I like seeing what problems the characters will overcome every episode.



I started watching this a few months ago before forgetting about it until recently. I'm watching the first season available on Netflix, which shows the best of episodes from 2015-2016. I'm kind of sad that they don't show all of the episodes from each year because they reference past guests episodes that aren't available, and it makes me want to watch them, too lol. However, every episode is hilarious. I love how Heechul is always the crazy one who can get close to the younger female guests and everyone else has given up on that lol.



I've been seeing gifs of this series on Tumblr for a while, so I thought I'd wait until it was finished to start watching it only to find out that it was done last summer! -__-" The hilarious gifs really sold it for me, especially after I read the summary. The show is based off of a BL Chinese light novel series, but due to China's censorship, it became a bromance instead of a romance. Regardless, you can totally tell that the main characters are into each other because of all of the little details, and I live for it. Also, Shen Wei is too pretty for this world lol. I have five episodes left, and I'm prolonging watching it because the comments already kind of spoiled the ending for me, and I'm not ready for the sadness! D:

FINISHED:



I was in the mood to watch something, but I didn't want to start something new, so I decided to rewatch this show since I liked it so much. I was intending to just play it in the background and do some other things in between, but guess what. I was completely immersed in the show again lol. I realized that I really do have a one-tracked mind; I can't have shows playing in the background because I end up focusing on them in the end lol. Overall, it was just as good as the first time I watched it although I did end up skipping the best friend's romance part because her voice still annoyed me lol. Also, I found out that the best friend's love interest is one of the main characters in Guardian! He definitely looks better in Guardian compared to Love O2O though lol.



I started watching this as a distraction whenever I was on the treadmill, and the plot definitely hooked me. I liked that it started off in the middle of the action, so you're slowly learning about the world and how things work instead of long, boring explanations in the beginning. Also loved that the main character was from (probably) Russia and kept some of his culture's clothes even as he grew up. The art and characters were good; Yuliy was so cute as a kid! I can't wait for the second season to come out!



While I was procrastinating on finishing Guardian, I found that a lot of people recommended this Chinese anime because it was slightly similar since there's a lot of action and a hint of BL romance (apparently it focuses on that later in the series). The anime was a little confusing at first since the first two episodes were in the present, but the rest of the season was one long flash back, but the characters all basically looked the same, so it was hard to tell the difference.

Other than that and remembering everyone's three names, it was really good. You get all of the little nuggets of info in the first two episodes, and then you're trying to figure out what happened in the past that leads to the present. Not to mention watching the buildup of how the main character becomes the Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation, a forbidden technique, is fucking epic. I definitely recommend this anime. There's only one season out, but apparently the second season is coming out in October, and there will be three seasons total and a live action adaptation! Lots to look forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment