Thursday, December 22, 2022

NOV: Birthday, Scrapbooking Supplies, Kelly & John’s Wedding, Thanksgiving Trip

November was BUSY. There was a lot going on!

First, it was my birthday. I took the day off since I had a lot of PTO left, and Shelle and I turned it into a girls day with Luna. We hungout in the morning and then took her out with us to get rolled ice cream (I’ve been craving it for a few weeks lol) and lunch.

Then we spent the rest of the day playing around and napping before I got my presents from Shelle and Kyle. It was a bunch of scrapbooking stuff from my Amazon wishlist! I just finished filling out my first scrapbook, so I needed a new book, so they got me a 3-pack along with a lot of other stuff lol.

I was very excited, especially because I found a site called SQUARED that printed individual mini photos. Before, I was trying to find a site that could print wallet sized photos for cheap, but they would only come in copies of eight, which was WAY too many copies. Luckily, I found SQUARED, so I uploaded around 50 photos to print to see how they came out. The only downside is that it’s coming from Prague, so I didn’t get the photos until early December, but it was worth the wait! The photos were awesome! They’re a little smaller than wallet sized, but that’s fine with me, since I can fit a lot of pics on a page comfortably.

I also bought a lot more scrapbooking supplies from websites during Black Friday and on Etsy because I was on a binge, so I’ve been impatiently checking the mail and tracking links every day lol.

The next weekend was Kelly and John’s wedding. Alec was a brosmaid, so we attended the wedding rehearsal on Saturday afternoon. The venue was at the Tate House, and it was soo pretty! So much light and a great view of the grounds!

The wedding party and their plus ones drove back to John and Kelly’s house for lunch and mimosas afterwards. The bride and groom also offered to pay for the wedding party’s mani pedis, so we took turns in groups of three going to the nail salon nearby that Kelly likes going to. Lol all of the guys got mani pedis with Kelly hardcore trying to convince them to get nail polish on. Alec and John got a top coat instead lol. Meanwhile, the rest of us ate and drank and played games at the house.

Alec and I decided to try out this kimbap place nearby for dinner on the way home. It was great! I can’t wait to go back!

The next day was the wedding! Kelly was so kind to let the girl plus ones to stay at the bridal cottage with her and her party and family, so we ended up going out with them to help hold everything during the photoshoots. The weather was around 55 degrees, so everyone was freezing in between photos when they had to take off their jackets lol. I came in my thermal tights and a thermal shirt and Toms ready to run around like an errand girl for the first half of the morning, so I was fine until I had to wear my dress and heels lol.

Regardless of the weather, everything was beautiful and so so precious. Almost the entire bridal party was tearing up at the vows part of the ceremony lol. Then, the speeches during the reception were also tear jerking and hilarious. There was even a photobooth with lots of props, so we took some funny album cover pics with Andrew and Mikae.

Towards the end of the night, there was a slight hiccup because Mikae’s allergic to shrimp and had a little bit during dinner and wasn’t feeling well. I told Andrew, who had her allergy medicine with his stuff in the groom's cottage, but it was locked before the ceremony started. We had to find the wedding manager and get her assistant to walk us to the cottage and open the door for us. After we got all of the guys’ stuff from the cottage, so they wouldn’t have to deal with this problem after the wedding, Alec and I moved all of their stuff into my trunk while Andrew got his stuff for Mikae. She felt better afterwards, so all was good.

But yeah, it was a fun and eventful night. We were exhausted by the time we got home.

A week later, Alec and I flew to DC to spend Thanksgiving with his family. You can read about that HERE.

When we got back, we quarantined for half a week to make sure we were alright. I was mainly concerned because I had a runny nose in the mornings, but I also had a runny nose while we were in DC. I think it was because of the weather or allergies, because we tested negative after waiting for four days after our trip.

So yeah, November was short but eventful!

No comments:

Post a Comment