Thursday, August 27, 2020

Kpop Appreciation: Seventeen, SF9, Eric Nam, Taemin, Ateez, Treasure

I've been listening to Seventeen's newly released album called Heng:garae, and I really like their title song "Left & Right". It's just so catchy; you'll definitely have "left and right, left and right" stuck in your head after listening to it even once. And their dancing is always on point. It's just so satisfying watching a large group dance in sync even though you don't see that as much in the mv lol.


I'm still laughing at the end of the music video lol. And Vernon and Woozi look great in there, too.

I also saw that they did a mafia game with their song, and it's hilarious. I died laughing at their antics lmao. Poor Joshua just breathes and they automatically assume he's a mafia. XD This game reveals a lot of their crazy personalities. Jeonghan the con man, Dino the maknae who no one listens to, S.Coups the leader who randomly is accused, Woozi the cool cucumber, and so many more hilarious moments. 


SF9's new song, "Summer Breeze" is also really catchy. I like the whistling throughout the song. I don't know the group personally, but I've listen to their songs throughout the years and always liked their title songs. I only recently recognized one member Rowoon because he's one of the main characters in a drama, Extra-Ordinary You, I'm watching with my sis. Now, I only notice him and the shaggy hair maknae in the music video lol.


Eric Nam has a new mini album called "The Other Side". This was made during quarantine, so it's nice to know that he didn't spend the majority of the time going crazy lol. I remember seeing his tweets near the beginning of Covid-19 about how he was so bored that he was asking for his fans' phone numbers to text them and everyone just being "...is he okay???" lol.

I really like the beginning hook. It's really distinct and catchy. As usual, I'm always a big fan of Eric's music, so I like the song. It's catchy and you can sing along to the chorus. 


Taemin has a new song out! Unlike his previous songs which had a more sexy, mature concept, "2 KIDS" is a lower tempo song about looking back at the leadup to a breakup. I really like it. It still has Taemin's distinctive voice, but it shows a different side of him. I also found out from the comments that he freestyled the dance in the music video, which was awesome. He nailed showcasing the emotions in the song through both his voice and dance. What a pro lol.


Ateez recently had a comeback, too! I was excited to find out about it because I became one of their fans during the beginning of quarantine and really liked their past music. I'm used to hearing their music which usually has strong, poppy concepts, so "Inception" was a nice surprise. It's darker and slightly slower beat but still completely badass. I really like it. It's catchy and shows off their great choreo and singing. 


Also, I'm a huge fan of Hongjoon with blue hair and the dancing in water scene was great! I really like it when San is the center of the group dances because he makes the best facial expressions and he always goes hard with the choreo. 

Last but not least, my most anticipated group to debut this year: Treasure! As I've said in other posts, I've recently become their fan because of their covers performed on YG Treasure Box and have been keeping up with them ever since watching the show. They have a lot of subbed content on their YouTube channel, so my sis and I have been spending a lot of our free time watching Treasure Map and laughing our heads off because they're a bunch of crackheads lmao. 

They've been working their asses off since they were chosen for Treasure since the tv show, and it really shows. "Boy" is an awesome debut song with great choreography, and their live performance completely smashes any thoughts that they're just rookies. Probably because they had to perform in front of huge audiences during the show, but they look so professional during their first performance on Inkigayo.


And the music video is also awesome. I loved the stage at the beginning and the colors used throughout and the emphasis on triangles and shapes. They dance in diamond formation like their logo. I can't even! I also can't believe they put Haruto in a suit at a pool. This boy is only 15/16, but he looks so grown! And Hyunsuk and his rap parts are so YG style. The swag, the flow, and the attitude are all the style of YG rappers. And Yedam starting and ending the song with style like the main vocal he is! Ugh, I just love this song and am so happy that they finally debuted.


No comments:

Post a Comment