Tuesday, April 7, 2020

FEB: 4th Roommate, Colorado Trip, Eric Nam, Going Away Party, Movie Night, Orchid Fair, Hanging Out, & Mom

After Jack and Julie's Tarot Party that Friday, I kidnapped Archana and took her back to my place for the weekend. We had planned on her spending Friday night at our place, but it suddenly became a whole weekend thing since she was like, "I want to learn how to live with a family since that will be my future eventually" lol.

So she became our fourth roommate and went with us while we did our errands like taking books to Second and Charles, getting Starbucks and smoothies while Shelle and Archana got their nails done, buying groceries, and watching more episodes of Queer Eye: We're in Japan. All in all, a very chill weekend.

Oh yeah, that Thursday before the Tarot Party, Erin, Ebony, and I were talking about how we all wanted to try mediation and had downloaded apps to try to get into it at some point in the past year. That's when we found out that we all downloaded the Calm app lol. Ebony tried one lesson, Erin made an account, and I had never even opened the app. -__-"


At that point, we decided to hold each other accountable and start mediating for all of February using various meditation apps since we didn't want to sign up for premium versions in case we didn't like the app. So for all of February, I was trying to mediate in the morning using Insight Timer and Calm. I was pretty consistent for the first two weeks, but then I started slacking off for the last two weeks lol. I'm still trying to get back into mediating in the morning or when I'm feeling angry because I think it helps me work through my emotions and figure out why I'm feeling that way.

But having Archana over that weekend helped me jump start my journey into mediation since she's been mediating for years.

The next weekend was the Colorado trip with Ebony and Jessica. I talked about it in this post. It was a fun and relaxing weekend lol.

The next Thursday night, I went to Eric Nam's concert with Shelle and Kyle. This was our second time seeing him in person, and he was just as good as I remembered. And just as funny! He told us that the last time he performed in Atlanta, his mom pulled him by the ear and told him that he was being too sexy on stage, so in response, he added even more body rolls to the choreography for one of his songs lolol. He told his mom in the audience to just cover her eyes and enjoy the music lmao.


The next night was Valentine's Day. I invited some friends over for a movie night, but stuff happened only Kait and Ebony came over. We still had a great time because we introduced them to Vietnamese music videos that were basically 10 minute dramas with so many plot twists lol. It was fun watching all of their shock and amazement lol.

We showed them ADODDA, which is the one our cousin introduced us to while we were in California.



Then I showed everyone this other music video series that one of the people I followed on Tumblr posted about. Normally, that person only reposts about Cdramas, so I was surprised that they posted about a Vietnamese music video, which was why I watched it lol. Best decision ever. We're still waiting to see if a part 3 will come out soon.



And then we finally watched P.S. I Still Love You, which was the whole purpose of movie night since it had just come out lol. I liked it. I thought it was cute even though I preferred John Ambrose over Peter in the movie lol. Shelle didn't like the movie that much because they deviated from the novel a lot. This is why I didn't read the trilogy lmao.

The next day, I went to the Atlanta Botanical Gardens for the first time ever to attend the Orchid Fair. Archana told us that Thursday that the Botanical Gardens was open to the public for free for the whole week, but we found out too late, so Saturday was the only day we were both free to go. We quickly found out that traffic was no joke because we were stuck on the same residential street for 20 minutes trying to get to parking. We eventually drove around and found some street parking a 10 minute walk away instead.

The gardens was really nice! Very crowded, but everything was very pretty. They still had some of the light strings hanging up from the light show, too. Unfortunately, we were there during the daytime, so we couldn't see the lights at night.

The orchids were very pretty though!

I also realized while hanging out with Archana at her place afterwards that I thought that I was an introverted homebody. I thought that I preferred spending my weekends at home having time for myself. I realized that I was wrong lol. I actually like going out, especially going to nature-y places, on the weekends. I like going out and doing things for a while before going home and recharging; I think that's why I liked doing Pokemon Go Community Days since it makes us go out and explore.

I think that I preferred staying home mentality stemmed from dating David, since he liked staying home and playing video games and watching YouTube all of the time. I think this is partially because he didn't want to eat out a lot and wanted to cook since he couldn't cook much at his rented place and liked to nap.

I just realized that after traveling and going about so much last year that I prefer spending time at home only after I spent a lot of time outside first lol.

The next week was spent worrying about mom. She wasn't feeling so good, so Shelle spent Monday night through Friday night working from their home in Warner Robins so she could take care of her better. She took her to multiple doctor visits and grocery shopping and cooking for them since mom wasn't feeling so good.

I had hotpot for lunch with Shanice that Saturday after Shelle came back. We caught up for hours while eating hotpot at J's Mini HotPot Deluxe, then going to Sweet Hut to buy snacks for the family, and the going to Ding Tea for boba. It was good to sit down and chat since we last saw each other at Emily's wedding in November. I told her about the breakup, and she told me that she might be moving to DC with her boyfriend since he's waiting to hear back for a job offer. Found out last weekend, that it's finally happening, so I'll be sad to see them both move so far away. :(


After that, I drove down to Warner Robins to spend the week with the parents. Mom was doing better, but she was still pretty week and was still tired easily. I spent the week driving her to doctor's appointments, the grocery store, and to the pharmacy. I also finally unpacked everything but one suitcase of art stuff lol.

I brought back my charcoal art supplies determined to use them or get rid of them if I don't, since I've had the supplies for so long and haven't done anything with them. I remember enjoying playing around with charcoal and white conte during my art classes, so I want to get back into it and be creative again. That's the goal anyway. I still haven't touched them since I brought them back lol.

But yeah, that's how February went. Very eventful lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment