Saturday, October 20, 2018

Shows I'm Currently Watching: Tokyo Ghoul:Re, That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime, ReLIFE, Adam Ruins Everything

I've been watching some great stuff recently! :D Also, this post turned out a lot longer than I expected lol. -__-"

CURRENTLY WATCHING:



I started watching Tokyo Ghoul when I was spending the night in London because I saw that it was available on Netflix, which isn't available on Netflix in the US. That and because I had a lot of friends and family recommend the series. After watching the first few episodes, I finally understood the appeal. I ended up staying up for most of the night and finishing the first season before taking a nap and then heading to the airport a few hours after that. When I finally got back home, I finished Tokyo Ghoul Root A and started Tokyo Ghoul:Re. It's been a few weeks since I started watching it, but I'm hoping to finish it soon since the second season of this just started recently airing.

I was really interested in seeing how Kaneki's philosophy on ghouls changed throughout Tokyo Ghoul, especially towards the end. Tokyo Ghoul Root A was not what I was expecting either. It wasn't as exciting as the first season for me. I found out that the season deviated from the manga, so that was why it was different (and according to most fans, very disappointing). That's why Tokyo Ghoul:Re was pretty confusing for me in the beginning. Apparently this takes place after Root A but is supposed to follow the manga storyline? I'm not too sure, but I was planning on reading the manga after I finished the series anyway to make sense of everything. Lol, everyone in the comment section were all like "Just read the manga. It's better and makes more sense." I also really hate how they censor all of the gore scenes too. I felt like it distracted me from the gravity of the scene.



I had to watch this because the summary was too weird not to lol. Basically, this high school boy finds out that he's to be the wife to this fluffy creature, and the show details the start of their married life. And that's it. That's the summary. The art looked cute, so I was interested to see how it went.

What I didn't realize was that the anime is only five minutes long, and the outro song is around 1:30 seconds! You basically only get 3 minutes of plot! But I'm still interested in it since it has the same vibes as How to Keep a Mummy, which was one of the cutest anime I have ever seen. There are only two episodes out now, but they were pretty entertaining as it is, so I'm going to continue to watch it since it gives me fluffy feelings lol.



I've heard about this light novel series for a while now, but I wasn't interested in reading it since I knew it was still ongoing. Luckily, now it's being made into an anime, so I started watching it to see if I would want to buy the light novels after the anime's over to continue with the plot like how I did for Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?

I've watched the three episodes available, and I really like it! Yeah, the main character is OP, but he's literally a slime just eating everything that he thinks might be useful for later and becoming powerful because of it. I like the way Rimuru thinks and his friendship with a tsundere dragon is the best lol. I'm looking forward to see how this anime pans out!



I was interested in ReLife for a while since I've seen the webtoon around manga sites I visit. When I found out that it was being adapted into an anime, I was interested in watching it. I planned on waiting until it was finished being aired, and then completely forgot about it until recently when I found it again.

I'm about halfway through the anime, and the plot is interesting because it's about a 28 year old almost NEET taking a pill that makes him look 10 years younger and attending his last year of high school all over again. The characters are entertaining and funny, the animation is nice, and I love how you see the main character slowly start caring about his classmates. Plus, there's hints about a failed test subject before him that look intriguing, so I'm interested to see what that's all about.



The show has been added to Netflix recently, so we've watched a couple of episodes in between cooking and chilling at home. I forgot how informative his show is; I've definitely learned a lot in the few episodes we've watch so far. I remember when his show was super popular on Facebook with everyone reposting his videos. Wonder what happened since I haven't heard much about him recently.

FINISHED:



Michelle and I have been planning on watching as soon as it was finished airing on Netflix, but between my Abu Dhabi trip and vacation, we only recently got around to watching it. Omg, it took over our lives for 9 days straight. I'm so sleep deprived now lol.

But the drama was really entertaining! I loved how childish Dao Ming Si was; once he got over his bad boy image, he was literally an immature child who's used to getting his way and pouts when he doesn't lol. Shancai was pretty interesting, too, but she was also really wishy washy towards the middle, which got annoying. Lei was also great! I loved how he always had these witty remarks after he got over his issues towards the beginning. Plus, he always looked so adorable, like a puppy lol. One of my favorite scenes was when Dao Ming Si's friends try to help him practice apologizing to Shancai by trying to get him to look innocent like Lei. It was too funny!



This was such an important season regarding character development. We've got Midoriya learning better ways to control his quirk and understanding the importance of his role with All Might's big reveal. We've got his classmates' growth during the provincial license exam and just how impactful having Midoriya and Bakugo as classmates have inspired the rest of 1A to be better heroes. Finally, we've got Bakugo's character growth, an accumulation of recent events finally getting him to explosively talk about his feelings and ending with them as proper rivals. It's been a long time coming, and I am living for it. ;__;

But yeah, a great season, and I'm looking forward to the next one since the anime is about to catch up the where I left of in the manga series two years ago. :D

1 comment:

  1. I like this post, enjoyed this one appreciate it for posting.

    ReplyDelete