Tuesday, October 16, 2018

My Week Vacation

After I came back from Abu Dhabi, I worked for a week before taking a week off for vacation. It was a busy week. I hadn't made many plans beforehand, but I ended up meeting up and hanging out with a lot of friends the whole vacation. :)

It started with the Friday before I started my vacation. I had basically finished all of my work the day before and was waiting on feedback from Abu Dhabi, who was already enjoying their weekend due to the time difference. As a result, I had nothing to do at work and was kind of feeling sick since I kept on having a runny nose. All of my coworkers told me to just go home since our managers weren't even in the same country as us, but I ended up staying until 3:30 because Dominique and wound up giving advice to Sonali since she was going through some relationship issues.

Then I drove all the way to Warner Robins from work. Brian was out with friends and Mom was spending the night at the farm, so that I was probably the only time I didn't hangout with anyone when I was down there lol.


David and Harrison have this tradition of going to Curry Mantra once every month or two to hangout, but they hadn't had a chance for the past month because of their schedules. They finally made plans to go out the next day and ended up inviting half of the group as well since it had been a while since we've all seen each other. I finally got to meet Grace, Harrison's girlfriend! She was really nice, and it was so obvious that she cared for him and worried that he was being too nice sometimes. I'm just really glad that he found someone who treats him right and takes care of him. :)

It figures that the one time we want to go to Curry Mantra, it was closed for renovations that one day lol. We went further across the plaza to Tbreak and Pho instead. They were really understaffed; even by the time we finished ordering (and there were 6 of us) none of the available tables were cleaned up or anything.

After that, we went back to Harrison's place and hungout. We played Ticket to Ride and tried to watch a terrible movie called Zombeaver, but we couldn't Chrome cast it to the tv because it was only available on Amazon Prime, which has beef with Chrome because of business. When we tried to stream it using a laptop and an HDMI cord, it kept on lagging, so we gave up on watching it and started watching How It's Made videos on YouTube instead lol.


It was also Alec's birthday, so we went to Piedmont Brewery and Kitchen that night with his parents to celebrate his birthday. We ate until we were stuffed and then headed downstairs to play darts and goof around. I had brought a bunch of snacks back from Abu Dhabi and all of the airports I was at, so we were planning on going back to Alec's place to eat, but it was getting late and Harrison wanted to take Grace home since she was introverted out lol.

Instead, I made plans to have everyone come over to my house the next day to try all of the snacks. We tried a bunch of them, and then went over to David's house to play Overcooked 2 on his Nintendo Switch. My mom had been out grocery shopping when we left, so after we got to David's house, she called me asking where we all went. Apparently she went grocery shopping to get more ingredients for dinner since we had so many people over. I got guilted into bringing everyone and the Switch back over to our house lol.


I think mom missed cooking for a lot of people, especially since I moved out and because Brian keeps on coming home late at night. I mean, she offered to make Pho Ga for us later that week as well. We planned that for Thursday since Alec comes back from his work trip that day and because David has work on Friday. But yeah, it was nice hanging out with everyone and making spring rolls and watching everyone attempt to make them too. XD

Tyler had contacted me that day, so we made plans to hangout the next day. Lol, he asked me if I watched anime, and I was just like, "Do you even know me??? Of course I watch anime." He told me that he and his mom started marathoning Naruto since the night before, which prompted me to tell him that I stopped watching it after it transitioned to Shippuden. What can I say, I have a series commitment issue lol. That is how I ended up going over to his house and watching Naruto with his family for like 5 hours lol. We also had chili dogs, and I ended up running into Mikey's mom at Walmart when we were buying hot dogs and buns.

I texted Mikey about it, and we ended up making plans to hangout the next day since we had already talked about hanging out and watching the newest episode of My Hero Academia together that came out a few days ago. His house had a leak, so he's been staying at a hotel nearby for the past month while they pull up the plumbing and fix the leak, which sucks. It also sucks that he just had knee surgery a few months ago and could only recently put his weight on that leg, so things have been really rough for him and his family. We watched the anime and talked for a few hours before I had to go home and eat dinner with my parents.

Kim has been living with their aunt and uncle in Milledgeville since the summer, but she came back to visit for a few days. That Wednesday, she had to go back to Milledgeville, so David and I ate dinner with her before driving her back to Milledgeville and playing with their little cousins for a bit before driving back home. It sucked that she only came back for such a short time since I was busy hanging out with Tyler and Mikey to stop by and see her until the day she left. Maybe next time we'll all have enough time to hangout and play board games like old times lol.

The next night was when my mom made Pho Ga for my friends and me, so everyone came over (Alec and David late because of school and work) to eat and hangout for dinner. It was a Thursday night, so they didn't stay for long, but it was still nice.


I took my mom to the Riverside mall the next day since she wanted to go shopping for her and dad's Washington trip in a few weeks. I'm more surprised that I didn't end up buying anything, probably because I'm poor and saving up for the New York trip David and I are going next month lol. Because mom had never eaten at Olive Garden before, we ate lunch there. She liked it lol.

The next day was Saturday, and also the day I was leaving. David drove over to hangout and eat lunch before he left for work and I left to go home in Kennesaw. I got home and ate some of Kyle's birthday ice cream cake since his birthday the day before.

The next day, Kyle, Michelle, and I met up with Tawanda, Tiet, and Nicole for dinner at Iron Age. I have seen Tiet and Nicole in a while, so it was nice catching up with them. It reminded me that I needed to make plans to hangout with my girl friends as well lol. But we ate so much that night; we did not need to eat the last three dishes lol. XD

But yeah, that's how my week vacation went! I wasn't expecting to hangout with so many people, and I didn't have a chance to hangout with some of my other friends as well, so I definitely need to make plans before everyone becomes busy with the holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment