Monday, June 12, 2023

Shows I'm Currently Watching: My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! X; I Got a Cheat Skill in Another World and Became Unrivaled in The Real World, Too; My Love Story with Yamada-kun at Lv999, Indian Matchmaking

I've been watching a mix of shows lately! Some good, some bad, some GREAT!

CURRENTLY WATCHING: 

My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! X

I finally got around to starting season two of this anime after LOVING season one when it first came out! Since it was a while since I watched the first season, I rewatched the entire season and absolutely loved it all over again. That's why I'm a bit disappointed with season two. Plotwise, it didn't feel as strong as the first season. This season felt more like filler arcs halfway through the season, which is why I haven't continued watching it for a few weeks. I think I'll continue watching once things calm down and I have time to watch tv by myself lol.


I Got a Cheat Skill in Another World and Became Unrivaled in The Real World, Too

This was just okay. I feel like the fight scene budget went all into the characters' eyes instead. Don't get me wrong, the eyes do look great, but the action scenes aren't interesting. This could also be because the main character is so OP that there's no suspense at all. This whole show felt like a self-insert, wish-fulfillment fanfic about a loser who suddenly became hot and powerful with a growing harem but still maintained his humble mentality because he's so used to looking ugly and being treated like less than a human. 

I'm in too far to stop watching though lol.


My Love Story with Yamada-kun at Lv999

I was most excited about this anime even before it aired because I read a lot of reviews for the manga, and everyone loved Akane and Yamada's relationship, and they weren't wrong! I loved the slow burn friends to lover trope that's happening right now! And they're not awkward or cringey like the leads in Recovery of an MMO Junkie, which I watched a few months ago and couldn't stop having second hand embarrassment every time they interacted with each other. It was just SO PAINFUL to watch! Meanwhile, Akane and Yamada's friendship is so funny and cute and organic. I love it! 

Just look at this scene! This is from the first episode lol.

The side characters are also nuanced and hilarious and adds depth to the show. Also surprised by some of the animation/transitions in the show. Very interesting! Overall, I'm loving the show and don't want it to end lol.


Indian Matchmaking

I saw some hilarious parody skits of the show on IG, so Shelle and I finally started watching the first season a few days ago. It was SO ADDICTING. Some characters were so stubborn and with such high standards, no wonder the show got such a big response once it was aired! 

Anyway, Shelle and I were hooked from the first episode and finished the first season in a few days lol. We're a couple of episodes in season two now and are still addicted, especially because we were looking for closure for some of the couples mentioned in season one that weren't addressed at the end of the season. Also, we can't stop joking about comprising and adjusting now lmao.

No comments:

Post a Comment