Thursday, March 23, 2023

Shows I’m Currently Watching: BOFURI: I Don’t Want to Get Hurt, so I’ll Max Out My Defense; Play It Cool, Guys; Chillin' in My 30s after Getting Fired from the Demon King's Army; Campfire Cooking in Another World with My Absurd Skill

I started watching a lot of great anime recently and wanted to share my thoughts!

CURRENTLY WATCHING:

BOFURI: I Don’t Want to Get Hurt, so I’ll Max Out My Defense

I was so excited when I found out that a second season was coming out this year! I waited a month before rewatching the first season and starting the new season afterwards, so that I wouldn’t have to wait every week to binge watch it with Alec lol.

I love how this anime doesn’t take itself seriously. No one is surprised by Maple’s crazy OP skills as time goes on. It’s just another one of her quirks lol. I also love how the laidback the show is. It just focuses on everyone exploring and leveling up in the game. There aren't any edgy schemes or intense rivalry. The players are having fun with each other and their friends from other guilds.


Play It Cool, Guys

These are 10 minute episodes about four clumsy but handsome guys of different ages. I love how they’re so relatable like playing music on your phone only to realize that your headphone wasn’t fully plugged in or misplacing your keys only to find them in your pocket lol. There are so many hilarious moments that had me cracking up, and the different ways the guys handle their embarrassment is also funny. Definitely a lighthearted, quick anime to watch in your spare time.


Chillin' in My 30s after Getting Fired from the Demon King's Army

I didn’t really have any expectations when I started this anime. I was just interested in a protagonist in his thirties, since I’m about to hit that age range lol. But wow! I was surprised by how much I enjoyed the anime so far! Because Dariel IS in his thirties and has spent almost his entire life in the demon army, he’s mature, smart, and capable! He’s not a chuunbiyo who thinks he’s a special snowflake. He was briefly confused about life because he just lost his job and home, but once he found his place again, he was firm and showed grace to the people who were with him in both his past and present.

I also want to point out (I’m sure everyone’s mentioned this already lol) about the romance! Dariel and Malika do not mess around! There was no endless misunderstandings or waffling about! There’s no pointless harems (although other women and men do become flustered by Dariel because he’s a rizzmaster lmao), and Dariel knows what he wants once he admits his feelings.

Can’t forget to mention how much I loved how extremely protective Malika is about other people looking down on Dariel just because he downplays his strengths in public. I’m sure she could defeat the demon king if it ever disrespected Dariel in front of her.


Campfire Cooking in Another World with My Absurd Skill

Lol I’m still chuckling at Mukouda’s situation. He was accidentally summoned to another world to fight against the kingdom’s enemies in order to go back home. Instead, he’s wary about the royals and takes their hush money to leave the hero party to become a nobody since his Online Shopping skill is deemed useless by them.

Then, he goes around winning people over with his cooking using items from Online Shopping, including his first familiar, Fel, a legendary fenrir that’s basically maxed out in stats. Mukouda keeps on forgetting Fels amazing status in the world because he’s basically just a glutton whenever they’re together lmao. I love their antics!

I’m also hungry whenever I watch an episode, because everything Mukouda cooks or buys from his store looks SO TASTY. Makes me have the munchies lol.


FINISHED: 

Tower of God

Alec and I had SO MANY QUESTIONS about this anime. You're just thrown into the plot with little explanations other than that the tower will grant you everything that you want. There's not much explanations about aspects of the tower, and when there were, it was still confusing??? I was tempted to read the webtoon it was based on afterwards, but the art style really threw me off. AND IT ALSO DIDN'T HAVE MANY EXPLANATIONS EITHER. 

I heard that a second season is coming out sometime this year. I'll probably watch it because even though I had so many questions, I still enjoyed the show and watching how Bam and his team survived each test. 

No comments:

Post a Comment