Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Kpop Appreciation: Gaho, TXT, Hyoyeon, Stray Kids, Lisa

Wow, can't believe my last Kpop Appriciation post was last year! I've been slacking in keeping up with Kpop for the past couple of months. I just found out that my usual Kpop subscription on YouTube was unsubscribed, so I haven't received any notifications on new music videos for a while. 

I've been a casual fan of Gaho for a while but hadn't heard of any of his recent activities until I heard his awesome live rock cover of Rose's "On the Ground" a few months ago. It was just so good! I loved the whole vibe and his vocals! The slow buildup, the bass, the high notes! *Chefs kiss*


Then, he came out with his new single, "Ride", last month, which was also really good! It's another rock-themed song, which compliments his voice so well! I just really like his voice lol.



Onto more rock songs (which is pretty rare for Kpop groups), I listened to TXT's new song "LO$ER=LO♡ER" and immediately fell in love with it. I don't know anything about the group other than the fact that they're BTS's younger labelmate brothers, but I like most of their title songs whenever I hear them. However, I was surprised that they'd come out with a rock-themed title song this time! But it's so good, and the chorus is so catchy! My first impression was that this was like the energetic rock response of Big Bang's "Loser" lol.



I listened to a couple of songs from their new album, and I really like the rock vibe that they have going on! I will pay more attention to their music going forward. :)

Hyoyeon also recently had a new single out, "Second", featuring Bibi, who is also one of my fav female solo artists. I really like her voice and tone. Hyoyeon's singles are usually more focused on her DJing skills instead of her vocals, so I liked how this song was focused on her singing. The part where Bibi and Hyoyeon are together was a scene of two girl bosses together that I didn't know I needed lol. 



Also, Hyoyeon really hasn't aged. She looks the same as when she first debuted. 

Can't not talk about Stray Kids in this post! After they won Kingdom: Legendary War, Shelle and I have been anticipating their comeback, and they didn't disappoint! They released so many teasers of all of their album songs leading up to their comeback date, so the anticipation was really high! 

"Thunderous" was so good! The song and performance actually sounded similar to their stages from Kingdom, so I liked how they took the lessons they learned from Kingdom and incorporated it into their comeback. Let's talk about the high intensity song, the group choreography, the elaborate sets, the fabulous outfits, the special effects! Everything was so good! They've been winning weekly music awards since the album was released, which speaks volumes about their growth.



I also really liked "Sorry, I Love You" on their album. It's a really nice song about a one-sided love. Also, you get to hear Felix sing in his deep voice!


Lisa also recently released her first single album! This has been hyped for the past couple of months, and for good reason! "Lalisa" was freaking great! Lisa is definitely my favorite member of BlackPink, so I was excited for her album. The song is so empowering! I loved the Thai scene and her message "from Thailand to Korea, and now here, went for the throat". I still can't get over the fact that she has a lot of haters because just she's Thai. She's so hardworking and cute! How can you hate her?!

Also loved that the police have Polisa on their uniforms lol. Anyway, the song is super catchy with a great message, and the music video is also great, so check it out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment