Thursday, March 19, 2020

Kpop Appreciation Post: Henry, Ateez, NCT 127, Monsta X

It's been a year or two since my last Kpop Appreciation Post, but I'm back to talk about some of my recent fav songs!

Henry, Far East Movement, and Aluna George had a collab called "Nice Things", and I am here for it!



That first line when she says "We're getting too good at saying we're sorry" immediately hit me in the feels. The chorus, the lyrics, the mood... this whole song is a bop!

Lol I'm so far out of the Kpop loop that I didn't even know that Henry left SM, but I'm glad he did so that he could continue to make amazing music like this.

This past weekend, I randomly got back into Kpop variety shows and have a new group I'm interested in lol. They're called Ateez! I think they debuted in 2018, so they're pretty new. I've listened to most of their title tracks before and really liked them. They're hilarious on variety shows, which is why I've been getting into their music some more, since they usually promote their songs on the shows. Now I have "Wonderland" stuck in my head lol. It's just so catchy!



NCT 127 released their new album called "Neo Zone", and as part of the hype before the album drop, they actually released mini music videos for all of the songs in the album! I really liked all of the songs in the album, too. The album has a wide range of genres, and they all hit differently. It was really hard to trying narrow down which songs to include in here lol.

I really liked the song's vibe and music video for "Elevator". I don't know what genre this song is, but I'm digging it lol. It's a bop, especially with that bass and drop for the chorus. I also really like how they did the music video and the funny credits at the end lol. Johnny with the pizza is now a classic lol, and Yuta's line at the end was so nice~



I think "Not Alone" was the song that really caught my attention the first time I heard it out of all of the other songs. It's the perfect concert song where the crowd would sing along and with the band. The message is really nice, and I like the different medias used in the music video. Very millennial lol.



Monsta X dropped an English album a couple of months ago, and I've recently gotten around to listening to it. All the songs are so good and catchy, and their pronunciation is really good! I wouldn't be surprised to hear any of their songs on the radio, which I think I heard "Who Do U Love? ft French Montana" on the radio before. That's a really good song, but I want to talk about "Someone's Someone" instead.



Like the overall vibe was so good, sad but hopeful. One of the top comments said, "This song is a source of comfort and sadness at the same time," and I completely agree. The chorus was so catchy and melodic, and the acoustic part in the second half was so good. Anyway, just listen to the song! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment