Friday, August 24, 2018

Shows I'm Currently Watching: My Hero Academia, Overlord III, On My Block, Isekai, Good Morning Call

I've been watching a lot of stuff lately, mainly anime like usual but also a couple of dramas.

CURRENTLY WATCHING:



This season is just so good! Ugh, I can't get enough. Mikey and I are always spamming each other after we watch the newest episode and gushing about how good it was and how they need to just hurry up and release the rest of the season's episode already, lol.



David and I have been watching it together weekly, but we've been busy lately, so we're an episode or two behind. Overlord in general has a lot of plot and lead up, so this season is pretty slow going since it just started last month.



Jessica and I started watching this when she spent a couple of nights over at my house. This is a continuation of the movie Dear White People, which came out a few years ago, and it's just as good and original and unapologetic, and I loved it. I just haven't watched it since Jessica left, lol. I'm definitely planning on finishing it soon though!



Just looking from the promo pics makes it pretty obvious that it's another "I suddenly got transferred into this game and am OP and have a huge harem" anime, but I AIN'T MAD lol. It's still pretty funny, and watching the main character figure out how to act per his Demon Lord character compared to his internal reactions is hilarious.



I decided to watch this Japanese drama on a whim and did not expect to like it as much as I did, lol. It's based off of an old shojo manga, and it definitely shows with all of the tropes like the childhood best friend love triangle and the popular jerk love interest. But what can I say, after the first cringy 30 minutes, I was hooked. I even stayed up til 3AM watching it the other day even though I had to wake up in three and a half hours to go to work. -__-" Mistakes were made, but my work has suddenly gotten more relaxed, so I can afford to be sleep deprived for a day or two, lol.

FINISHED:



I actually really enjoyed this anime. It's another "I suddenly got transferred into this game and am OP and have a huge harem" anime, but the main character isn't a huge pervert, and other than one character who keeps on trying to seduce him, it's not really perverted because no one tries to sleep with each other. Instead, this was more of a slice of life fantasy anime where the main character was trying to figure out how to use magic and his skills to solve problems like washing his clothes and helping people. I'm curious to see how it ends, but I'm not sure that there's even going to be a second season. :(



Even though I only watched the second half of the drama, I still count it as finishing it since Shelle basically filled me in the plot for the first cringy half of the drama, lol. She had stayed up late watching it the night before one weekend, and we all got roped into watching it with her that weekend. By then, I was invested in her relationship lol. It was good but cringy at times and hilarious and full of shocking moments when the main guy got what he deserved! All in all, it was a roller coaster of a drama. XD



I didn't even know there was going to be an OVA let alone a second season! Then I randomly saw it on a website, so I marathoned all four episodes of the OVA and found out that season two comes out next year. The anime has a new animation studio, so the art was different--prettier if I had to describe it lol--but I'm not complaining. The OVA was basically a short interlude to build up the next season, but it still had a good plot and ending episode. I've read around a third of the whole series' webnovels, so I remembered this topic pretty clearly, but it was even cooler to watch it in action compared to reading it.



Watching the OVA basically made me nostalgic and want to rewatch the first season to remember how great it was, so I did lol. It really didn't take me much time to rewatch it since there's only 12 episodes, but it was as great as I remembered. It actually made me go back to reading the webnovel. I think I stopped reading it last year because I got busy with finals and stuff, so I've been rereading the past few volumes to remember what happened, since there's so many characters and events happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment